ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Jurisdiction enquiry

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sbmohan
Newly Registered

Jurisdiction enquiry

Post by sbmohan » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:35 pm

Hi all,
I'm trying to understand which consulate to goto regarding my passport. In the HCI London website, I found this in the passport services page:

"High Commission of India, London: Applicants not residing in the Counties of England listed below, which are covered by the Consulate in Birmingham or not residing in Scotland, which is covered by the Consulate in Edinburgh, can submit their applications at High Commission of India, London. Applicants residing in Wales and Northern Island can submit their applications at the High Commission of India, London.

Consulate General of India, Birmingham: Birmingham, Durham, Humberside, Isle of Man, Isle of Scilly, Lancashire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Manchester, Merseyside, Midlands (West), Northumberland, Cheshire, Nottinghamshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Cleveland, Tyne and Wear, Warwickshire, Yorkshire (North), Yorkshire (South), Yorkshire (West), Cumbria and Derbyshire.

Consulate General of India, Edinburgh: Edinburgh together with whole of Scotland."

That line can be worded better as I'm not sure when I can and cannot go. I live in Newcastle. Can I goto HCI London or am I only allowed to got Birmingham?

Thank you
Sai