ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

investing 50k after entrepreneur visa approved

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sanjay1

investing 50k after entrepreneur visa approved

Post by sanjay1 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:37 pm

hello entrepreneur guru's, my entrepreneur visa has approved on october last week of 2013.
my question is within how many days do i need to transfer the 50k into my business account and in how many days do i need to invest the same amount in uk?
please help me thanks.

almagirl
Newly Registered

Re: investing 50k after entrepreneur visa approved

Post by almagirl » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:52 pm

HI Sanjay, you have 3 years to invest the 50, 000. It is your money so you choose how you would want to invest it. You however need to make sure that the money is spent solely on your business. You cannot buy a house and cliam it as an investment

sanjay1

Post by sanjay1 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:51 pm

thanks for good sugession.
can i buy any business like subway? does it comes under investment?
my money is still in india and is there any rule like to transfer the money into our business account within 6 months after visa approved?

kayess1984

Post by kayess1984 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:03 pm

sanjay1 wrote:thanks for good sugession.
can i buy any business like subway? does it comes under investment?
my money is still in india and is there any rule like to transfer the money into our business account within 6 months after visa approved?
Hi Sanjay1, off-course you can buy Subway, but you can't buy subway in £50k. You need to invest 100k to open a Subway anywhere in Greater London. I'm also in the process to apply visa for same and plans to open restaurant. Are you applying within the UK or from India?
If you don't build your dream, someone else will hire you to build theirs!

qwedsasd
Newly Registered

Post by qwedsasd » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:19 pm

Hi
You Cannot buy subways and restaurants under 50k investment and show them as your business. In that case customer becomes the one buying sandwiches and the work you will be doing wont qualify for nqf level 4 unless you are planning to do something else with the subway or restaurant

kayess1984

Post by kayess1984 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:21 pm

qwedsasd wrote:Hi
You Cannot buy subways and restaurants under 50k investment and show them as your business. In that case customer becomes the one buying sandwiches and the work you will be doing wont qualify for nqf level 4 unless you are planning to do something else with the subway or restaurant
Hi qwedsasd, are you saying you can't open a restaurant and you can't get a Tier 1 Entrepreneur 200k visa to open a restaurant? :shock:

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:34 pm

You can do any business except property management and property lettings if you have 200k funding or 50k funding from venture capital and govt departments.

But for 50k cash investment through the PSW route, you cannot open restaurants or subways. The service that your business render must be at or above NQF level 4 regardless of your job title in the business.
Even if you are Executive director of a takeaway shop, its not acceptable for the 50k PSW route.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

kayess1984

Post by kayess1984 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:40 pm

Olasunkanmi wrote:You can do any business except property management and property lettings if you have 200k funding or 50k funding from venture capital and govt departments.

But for 50k cash investment through the PSW route, you cannot open restaurants or subways. The service that your business render must be at or above NQF level 4 regardless of your job title in the business.
Even if you are Executive director of a takeaway shop, its not acceptable for the 50k PSW route.
Thanks for the info mate. I was talking about 200k route and didn't know that rules are different for 50k Tier 1. I'm in process to join my family friends in their restro business and for that I need Tier 1 Visa 200k route.
Pls read my post as I need more info on few of the other topics on 200k route. Thanks

ajaypratap11

Post by ajaypratap11 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:58 pm

Hi,

i have similar question i got my tier1 via PSW route, we cannot open subway or any other food franchise through this route.

if i invest £200k in the food franchise, will i be eligible for my extension but i got my visa through £50k.

do i need to inform ukba that i am investing £200k because in £200k route we can open food franchise.

Waiting for your prompt reply

Thanks

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:44 pm

[quote="ajaypratap11"]Hi,

i have similar question i got my tier1 via PSW route, we cannot open subway or any other food franchise through this route.

if i invest £200k in the food franchise, will i be eligible for my extension but i got my visa through £50k.

do i need to inform ukba that i am investing £200k because in £200k route we can open food franchise.

Waiting for your prompt reply

Thanks

I do not think so,if your leave is allowed under £50K ,how can you by your own will undergo £200K and start doing resturant business.

You should best sepnd in your actual business you showed

if not in any other business which is above level 4.

Do not complicate your extension bro.

kayess1984

Post by kayess1984 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:30 am

Hi Guys,

Can body tell me is it possible to open a restaurant or take over on a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa 200k route? I'm planning to join my family, friends and their business is restaurants in UK. Can anybody give relevant links to prove that it's possible or not possible under this visa? Thanks a ton in advance!