ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to Get your Bank to write anything you want...

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

almagirl
Newly Registered

How to Get your Bank to write anything you want...

Post by almagirl » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:36 pm

So, I have my appeal on 10th March and the refusal letter claims I did not provide evidence to prove that I had the required funds. I bank with HSBC and wanted them to write a letter with the HO format and also stating that the letter has already been provided before and that the money is still in my account and any used funds have been used only for my business.

Here is how I got them to do just this:

First I typed the letter exactly how I wanted it and emailed it to myself so that I had it on my phone.

I did not book an appointment. I searched for the nearest and busiest premier branch. (Most banks treat their premier customers better) So I went to the Knightsbridge Premium Branch for HSBC.

I told the receptionist that I had an appointment and they showed me to their lounge to wait. They scurried around looking for my appointment reservation on their system for a while and later came to call me to say that there had been no appointment booked for me.

I looked outraged and insisted that I had booked an appointment and was fed up with this unprofessionalism ( Make sure you use the word unprofessional at least 5 times)

One of the guys at reception said he would reschdule my appointment for the following day. I said no way, my hearing with the home office is tomorrow. He then said he could not help. Then I started crying. The guy was so flustered because all the wealthy premium customers were asking me if I was ok so their manager came and called me and said not to worry she would help me.

She was really nice. I explained to her that I always have trouble at the bank and that I am in this trouble again because the bank sent me a wrong letter and now I have had to hire a solicitor to draft the letter. She assured me that she will help me and read my letter. She asked me exactly what I wanted and I said, I needed it on a headed paper with the correct dates and account information. She said, it will take 2 hours to type the letter for me. I said oh, dont worry, I have the soft copy by email, all you need to do is copy and past and sign it. Lol.

Guess what, she did it and now I have a winning letter from my bank!