ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

overstayed, pls help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smiles345
Member of Standing

overstayed, pls help

Post by smiles345 » Tue May 22, 2007 2:25 pm

this is for a friend who overstayed. her WP application was delayed and as soon as the WP obtained , her visa was expire and HO didnt give her extension as they said she viloated the rule. now the passport with local immigration enforcement. she spoke one of the solicitor ,at the same time her employer agreed to make her in-coutry WP to out coutry so that she can get EC.
pls need help with these questions......
if she apply again from india on the basis of WP , do u guys think that she get the EC. or they turn down on the grounds that she overstayed.

her solicitor said that they can still apply for visa to regularise her stay and therefore she get the visa for her overstayed period that make more easy to get EC when she come back.. is that true? she was not conviced with that point. he wants to send FLR[O] for that together with £395

do any guys know about the procedure of incoutry WP to out country?
pls advise which is the best way. thanx in advance

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue May 22, 2007 2:34 pm

I dont get why everyone posts for their friend, can the person involved post, it would make the analysis more straightfoward
so far, everything you said, isn't something I would disagree with

smiles345
Member of Standing

Post by smiles345 » Tue May 22, 2007 3:24 pm

well, this friend is a nurse she dont know much about the immigration rules etc.. she even dont know about this great board. its me i told her i find out the details. i also work in the health care. i also asked for her in the same board before. things got worse now. what are the areas of my question do u disagree with.?

Jon_H

Post by Jon_H » Tue May 22, 2007 3:50 pm

My wife applied for FLR as an overstayer and was rejected, albeit on a spouse visa - her WP had expired. My understanding is that it is very rare to succeed in an FLR application once you are an overstayer. We wasted the £395 and my wfe has had to go home anyway to resolve it.

On the plus side at least your friend has had her WP renewed, I am starting to hear that it is getting harder to get this done than it was. A friend of ours had to go back to South Africa after changing jobs as she was refused a new WP, in basically the same role she had left.

smiles345
Member of Standing

Post by smiles345 » Tue May 22, 2007 3:58 pm

many thanx for yr kind reply. not sure how is this going to her EC as she she is an overstayer already. her employer told her that they would try try for her in -coutry WP to out-coutry

many thanx