ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NARIC - ELA vs Statement of Comparability

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jah79

NARIC - ELA vs Statement of Comparability

Post by jah79 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:27 am

Not a question but thought this might help a few folks out there.

I was at the checking service yesterday and all documents were deemed fine. This morning received a call from them saying I am missing the Statement of Comparability as I only included the ELA. I mentioned that I spoke to HO which confirmed ELA only is fine but also have a print-out of PBC showing 30 points for degree which I could provide. I emailed this to them and they then got back to me with the following reply:
I have contacted the Home Office and I have spoken to one of the caseworkers who deal with these applications.

They have confirmed that as your UK Naric English Language Assessment is deemed to meet the requirements of CEFR level C1 you do not need to provide a print out of the Points Based Calculator or require a UK Naric statement of comparability.

Your application will be sent to the Home Office today.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Could save some people doing both checks through NARIC.