ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Help in filling Form AN

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CD_April2013ILR

Please Help in filling Form AN

Post by CD_April2013ILR » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:03 pm

Hello Sir,

Myself and my wife are going to apply for naturalization in April 2014. I was an IT contractor with my own ltd company as a director. I have 50% share and my wife (also a director) has 50% share in our company. So we both take salary and dividend equally from the ltd company.

So kindly let us know what should we answer for the below question in the Form AN in Section 3

3.2 Are you "An Employee" or "A Business Partner" or "Self-employed" or "A director"

I work as an IT Contractor and director of ltd company. My wife is just a director of the ltd company. So should we select Employee or Self Employed or Director for the above question.

If self employed then we have to get most recent HMRC Self Assessment Statement of Account. Has anyone applied this before and how long does it take to receive.

Thank you

Regards
CD

harry7476

Re: Please Help in filling Form AN

Post by harry7476 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:02 pm

You would definitely need to tick on director.

Did you also during this time act as being self employed? This will depend on the tax scheme that you are working on - is it a trust or something of that sort? If yes then tick this option also.

The hmrc self assessment is the tax information that a individual files usually before jan 31 and you might have done this for tax yr ending 2013. If you have filed it then you or accountant will have a copy of it.