ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NHS for wife - pregnant

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sambamitra
Newly Registered

NHS for wife - pregnant

Post by sambamitra » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:54 am

Hi,
I will be getting Tier 2 ICT short term (1year) visa from my company, and will be traveling to London within next 6 months. My wife is working now, but she will leave job and accompany me on Tier 2 ICT Dependent visa. She is planning to get pregnant during our stay, or just before we fly.

In this scenario, we were searching for health benefits that she can get in the UK. We went through the post http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 56313.html , which was quite informational but was posted in 2010. So wanted to have the following clarifications :-

1) Will she be able to get pregnancy benefits from NHS?
2) If yes, is there any cost involved during the entire pregnancy period till delivery? We are a bit worried about the cost and charges involved.

I read somewhere on the net that pregnancy care is provided free, and prescriptions for pregnant women are also free. Can anyone let me know if this information is correct? Or any help/information regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: NHS for wife - pregnant

Post by iworker » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:48 am

1 yes
2 No, no cost to you. u pay those as part of income tax to govt.

sambamitra
Newly Registered

Re: NHS for wife - pregnant

Post by sambamitra » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:57 am

Thanks iworker for your prompt response.