ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question regarding HSMP extension -when to apply

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rising_sun
Newly Registered

Question regarding HSMP extension -when to apply

Post by rising_sun » Tue May 22, 2007 6:42 pm

Hello everyone!

I just received an approval for my 1st HSMP application so I have long way to worry about this, but I wanted to make it clear.

I haven't even applied for EC yet, but is it true that our 1st EC will be for 2 years?
Also, when it's about to expire, when can we start applying for the extension? FAQ on homeoffice website indicates, "Extension applications must be submitted up to one month before your Leave to Remain as a Highly Skilled Migrant expires."

Can we start applying from 6 months or 3 months prior to the expiry date?? I'd like to know so that I can calculate for "age" section.
I understand, they may introduce new point system by then, but I am curious to find out.

Could any of the experienced members kindly answer me?
Thanks in advance! :D

psgcbe
Newly Registered

Post by psgcbe » Tue May 22, 2007 7:11 pm

I to have the same doubt. Please anybody clarify !!

Thank you

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Wed May 23, 2007 7:50 am

Although HO have laid the criteria of 1 month before the expiry of HSMP visa, this is no hard and fast rule. I have applied for extension around 3 month earlier. I was to travel back to my country around the time visa was expiring. I also put an urgent treatment form to them b'coz I required my passport as I had to travel to US for business reasons.

If you can show that u earn those point, then go ahead and apply.

rising_sun
Newly Registered

Post by rising_sun » Fri May 25, 2007 3:41 pm

Thank you, Ashekt! :)

So in your case, they've accepted your extension application 3 month before the expiration. I'm glad to hear that they did!
I suppose as long as we can score enough points with valid documents, we could start applying from few month prior then.

Does anyone else have any insights or information?
Experienced members, please share your experience!