ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

inform marriage in India

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

oko37
Newly Registered

inform marriage in India

Post by oko37 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:16 pm

dear forum members,

thanks in advance for all your help.

I am an Indian national married to a Swiss national. We got married in Switzerland last month as per Swiss law. I would like to know if i have to inform any govt offices in India about my marital status? I am in the process of changing my marital status in my Indian passport but i would want to know if there is any other process involved which will be beneficial to me in case we plan to settle in India in future?

I am in UK at the moment but you can assume that at present me and my wife are living in Switzerland.

Thanks,

ban.s

Re: inform marriage in India

Post by ban.s » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:31 pm

There is no requirement to inform any authorities in india as such however if you wish to use your swiss marriage certificate in india, you may need to get an Apostille. Check with your Canton and they would be able to help you.

Changing marital status in indian passport is also optional.

oko37
Newly Registered

Re: inform marriage in India

Post by oko37 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:13 pm

thank you very much ban.s