ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa, need advice

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kayess1984

UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa, need advice

Post by kayess1984 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:36 pm

Hello everyone, I'm new here, so I need some information before I apply for my UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa. I'll try to keep my query as short as possible.

I'm from India (26 years old & single) and I'm self employed from last 2 years. I have family friends in the UK and they offered me to join their business which is doing well and they need to expand as they need trustworthy people. I have visited London twice since 2012 and have planned to join them as the business is good and I can handle my business in Delhi & NCR with the support of my brother. Now the visa which suits my purpose is UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa. I need to have £200,000 funds to get this visa. I have given online test on the UKBA website and I can achieve a 95% score as I'm post graduate and also have maintenance funds which are more than 90 days old. I have also transferred part of the money to my UK account which was opened last year, so that work can be started. The UKBA (UK Border Agency) says that I can show the invested amount within the period of 6 months while applying for the visa online after the investment. So I have following questions to work on, they are;

1. I have to show £200k in the bank as investment funds. Should this amount of £200k be 30 days old as well (like maintenance amount) or is there no condition/requirement of the period for which they have been in that account. I did not find any info online written on this.

2. I have transferred £25,000 till now in my account in the UK (Barclays Bank current account). This money is being utilized by my family friends there in starting up the new branch of the business in the UK. How can I show this as part of my investment in the UK. The business as of now is on my uncle's name as I do not hold any status in the UK. But I have signed a contract with him, according to which the business is in his and my name. I'm 50% partner in this branch. I have the original copy of this contract signed with my uncle and I have given them the signed cheque/check book to make the payments from my account only for the business.

3. I'm getting funds by selling the property in Delhi and my plan is to sell the property, get the funds in my account and apply for visa. As I couldn't find any requirement that funds need to be 3 months old or something. So how should I go about it? Would they ask me the source of funds?

4. As the property value is less than £200K, I'm planning to borrow some money from my relatives like brother in law or uncles or even cousins, would that be acceptable to the UKBA if they ask me source of funds?

5. Since I can't get all the funds in such a short period of time as my business will start soon and I have promised them that I will be back to look after it by May-June this year, one of my family friend who is also interested in joining the business as a partner with my family friends in the UK and will be my partner while applying for the visa. His name is also there in the contract and he will be arranging half of the funds and I'll arrange other half. So I need any advice on this part as to how to go about it.

6. Our plan is fixed and we know where to invest the funds. The business in which we are entering right now, we will be investing £60k of our share. Once we have the Visa and this business works well in the next 1 year, which is expected, we have plans to open another branch in the Greater London and investment would be around £150k. We have plans to invest more than £200,000 in less than 3 year period, but that's just a plan. So do we need to show a proper business plan to the UKBA while applying for the Tier 1 Visa? I couldn't find any such requirement on the website. So should we need to worry about showing them the plan or not?

7. What are the chances of refusal? I have been to many countries and I was never ever refused a visa. But this is the first time we'll be applying for such a visa. I and my partner have scored 95% on the online test at the UK Border Agency and we will also have the funds soon. What are the chances of refusal? Do we need to hire any solicitor or any agency in Delhi before applying or should we hire one if we get the refusal?

One of my friend who is already in the UK on the same visa advised me that you do not need to hire any solicitor. One just needs to complete the requirements. The UKBA Visa system is points based and it is not like the USA where they refuse because they like refusing random people even if they have all the documents. He said if we have all the required documents and funds, we will get a visa. But since the amount is big (INR 90k for 1 visa and no refund if refused) and I do not want any refusal on my passport, I need to be sure before I apply for the visa.

Any help on above points will be much appreciated.
Thanks a lot in advance!
If you don't build your dream, someone else will hire you to build theirs!

kayess1984

Re: UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa, need advice

Post by kayess1984 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:15 am

Further to above, can someone please share their business plans and market research documents so that I can get an idea of what to do and what not to for my application. Let your BP and research be different from what I need, but I just need an idea. I would be grateful for your help guys, thanks!

Shah05

Post by Shah05 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:42 am

Kayess 1984, I have answers of ur few questions, Indeed a long one to go through.

You don't need to hold £200 for 30 days or so, there isn't any requirement. But first of all you both have to have access of £200. If part of ur funds u are investing than it will create a positive impact on ur application, show legal documents and accounts of ur investment should be fine if they ask. As far as I m aware many of our friends from this forum have been asked about 3rd party funds, I believe if any funds in to ur account should not create any problem, and if they ask about funds than by giving reasonable satisfactory answer u can win over.

Chances of refusal? No one can predict that. You will have to give ur best that's all I can say. The amount u have send for visa fees is big amount I know but if u want to step in the country than there isn't any choice. So I will suggest u keep reading posts in this forum, even previous one 2013's. You will get mostly all the ideas from others experience and you should be fine.

What is the nature of ur business! For business plan and market research.

Good luck.

kayess1984

Post by kayess1984 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:08 am

Shah05, thanks for your reply mate. After going thru the forum, it was clear to me that I have not needed to hold 200k funds for 30 days or even a week, the forum is indeed helpful. But do we both should have 100k or one of us can have more funds like I can have 150k and the other one can have 50k+ or so? Do they ask you to clear any issue related to your application or documents or even funds once you have applied? Business is restaurant, this will be the 5th branch once opened. Could you help me with the business plan and the market research please? Thanks!

kayess1984

Post by kayess1984 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:01 pm

All the Forum Members, please help!

Shah05

Post by Shah05 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:06 pm

You both should hold £100k equally.

kayess1984

Post by kayess1984 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:11 pm

Hi Shah05, thanks for your reply. I was thinking to make it easier for the UKBA by opening a joint account with my partner and put all the money in that account, so that UKBA can get the bank confirmation as early as possible. Also can you pls provide your advice on my other questions above, thanks in advance mate!

Shah05

Post by Shah05 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:17 pm

I was wondering if restaurant business fall under nqf level 4 or bellow?? Please double check.

After u make an application it is necessary that u maintain funds if u haven't invested. BCause they sometimes check the availability during application in process.

There are couple of website which will help u in business plan like, Biztree.com

kayess1984

Post by kayess1984 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:13 pm

Shah05 wrote:I was wondering if restaurant business fall under nqf level 4 or bellow?? Please double check.
Sent you a private message, please check, thanks!

Nazi07
Newly Registered

Post by Nazi07 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:33 am

Hello Kayess1984,

I am unable to read your provate message which I received today, please email me and than I can reply. My email is saadinbox09@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks

kayess1984

Post by kayess1984 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:19 am

Nazi07 wrote:Hello Kayess1984,

I am unable to read your provate message which I received today, please email me and than I can reply. My email is saadinbox09@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks
Check your email a/c.

VentureCapital Route

Post by VentureCapital Route » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:44 pm

I can't reply to your pm due to some technical error here. Pls pm me your email address and I will reply.

thanks

kayess1984

Post by kayess1984 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:40 pm

VentureCapital Route wrote:I can't reply to your pm due to some technical error here. Pls pm me your email address and I will reply.

thanks
Done!

aboabai
Newly Registered

Post by aboabai » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:53 pm

Shan05,

How can one find out if restaurant busines is up to level 4 as required by UKBA

kayess1984

Post by kayess1984 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:19 am

aboabai wrote:Shan05,

How can one find out if restaurant busines is up to level 4 as required by UKBA
You can do any business via 200k route. Levels are for PSW/50k route.

nyutan2003
Newly Registered

Post by nyutan2003 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:50 pm

hi everyone, i have applied for tier1 entrepreneur visa in octomber and i have done inteview and everything but i didnt get any notice yet but i completed 10 years in uk last month so my question is when my tier1 application is in process i can still apply ILR on 10 years base or do i have to wait till i get tier 1 application result ?

thanks in advance :)

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Darvesh » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:05 pm

yes u can apply for ILR based on long residance... u may need to apply under variation of application though please wait for more expert advice.

nyutan2003
Newly Registered

Post by nyutan2003 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:16 pm

Darvesh wrote:yes u can apply for ILR based on long residance... u may need to apply under variation of application though please wait for more expert advice.
Thank you

kayess1984

Post by kayess1984 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:20 am

nyutan2003 wrote:hi everyone, i have applied for tier1 entrepreneur visa in octomber and i have done inteview and everything but i didnt get any notice yet but i completed 10 years in uk last month so my question is when my tier1 application is in process i can still apply ILR on 10 years base or do i have to wait till i get tier 1 application result ?

Hello nyutan2003, I agree with Darvesh and you are eligible to apply ILR. But do wait for other IB senior members to reply.
And in the meantime, don't just wait, check out the details on Homeoffice website.
https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigra ... -in-the-uk

nyutan2003
Newly Registered

Post by nyutan2003 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:10 pm

kayess1984 wrote:
nyutan2003 wrote:hi everyone, i have applied for tier1 entrepreneur visa in octomber and i have done inteview and everything but i didnt get any notice yet but i completed 10 years in uk last month so my question is when my tier1 application is in process i can still apply ILR on 10 years base or do i have to wait till i get tier 1 application result ?

Hello nyutan2003, I agree with Darvesh and you are eligible to apply ILR. But do wait for other IB senior members to reply.
And in the meantime, don't just wait, check out the details on Homeoffice website.
Thank you everyone but my question is if I wanna apply now before I get tier 1 application result because I don't know how long does take tier 1 application I read on some forum that it's taking more years in some case.. Or I've to withdraw tier 1 application then I can apply ILR ?
Thank you

kayess1984

Post by kayess1984 » Thu May 01, 2014 9:44 am

nyutan2003 wrote:
kayess1984 wrote:

Thank you everyone but my question is if I wanna apply now before I get tier 1 application result because I don't know how long does take tier 1 application I read on some forum that it's taking more years in some case.. Or I've to withdraw tier 1 application then I can apply ILR ?
Thank you
Mate, it doesn't make any sense to apply Tier 1 visa when you are eligible for ILR. I believe you can apply for ILR. I suggest you not to wait here for suggestions and meet any reputed solicitor asap. He may ask you around £20 for his advice (that's the normal rate for 20 minutes) but its worth taking suggestion. Don't delay as you have to withdraw your Tier 1 application.
All the best!

kayess1984

Post by kayess1984 » Sat May 03, 2014 8:52 am

UK Visa Fees and Forms
(Visas and immigration operational guidance - collection)
Published 2 May 2014

>Contents
-Points based system: general forms
-Tier 1 visa forms
-Tier 2 visa forms
-Tier 4 visa forms
-Tier 5 visa forms
-Forms for application to settle
-Forms for application to extend stay
https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... visa-forms

kayess1984

Post by kayess1984 » Sat May 03, 2014 9:07 am

New international visa enquiry service launched by UK Visas and Immigration

People from overseas applying for a UK visa can now use a new international enquiry service to find information about the visa application process.

The service is provided by Hinduja Global Solutions (HGS), working in partnership with UK Visas and Immigration, to offer enquiry services to those applying for a visa.

The enquiry service will provide assistance to visa customers in 20 languages
UK Visas and Immigration said that the new international enquiry service will provide an improved experience to visa customers in 20 languages, with opening times reflecting the working hours and days in each country.

Customers will also receive a faster response and in some cases, the cost of their call will be cheaper, says Sarah Rapson, Director General of UK Visas and Immigration.

‘Providing excellent customer service to visa applicants is a key part of what we do. Our customer can expect a quick, accurate and professional service available to help them throughout their application,’ she said.

‘HGS will run a global enquiry service for all our visa customers from here in the UK, for the first time providing a top quality enquiry service that will assist those wanting to come to the UK,’ she added.

http://www.expatforum.com/britain/new-i ... ation.html

nyutan2003
Newly Registered

Post by nyutan2003 » Sat May 03, 2014 3:33 pm

got tier 1 entrepreneur refusal letter today :( still can i apply long residency ( 10 years stay in London ) or do i have to go for appeal ?
if someone can help on this i am really confuse ...

thanks in advance

kayess1984

Post by kayess1984 » Wed May 07, 2014 6:16 pm

Get Residency in Spain and Visa-Free travel to EU Schengen countries when purchasing property over the value of €500,000.

If you are a Non-EU citizen, and want to gain permanent residency status in Europe by investing in property, then the Spanish Golden Visa scheme may be perfect for you. Non-EU citizens are now rewarded with permanent residency in Spain when they purchase property over the value of €500,000.
http://residencyinvest.com/spain-residency-visa-2/