ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visitor Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

prabsays
Newly Registered

Family Visitor Visa

Post by prabsays » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:46 pm

Hi,

I am planning to invite my wife's parents to visit us on Family Visitor Visa and they are going stay with us for 4 months. My current Visa status is Indefinite Leave to Remain and Mrs is on Tier 1 Dependent. I have few doubts, Which I would like to clarify before submitting the application. I hope you senior members and gurus will shed some light.

* Will it be possible for my in laws to apply under family visitor visa or it has to be General visitor visa??
* Both myself and my wife are employed full time, and we are willing to sponsor the whole trip and any other expenses. We can show our Payslips and Bank statement with a savings of at least £6000, home rental agreement and Sponsorship letter and their flight return ticket. Are these documents enough or should I need to show any more??
* My Father in law is a retired government employee and he is being paid pension each month in to his bank account.And he is also going to show savings of 2 lakhs although we are the one who is going to sponsor the trip. Is Rs. 2Lakhs enough??
* My in laws don't own a property and they are renting a house in India. Is it going to be a problem as they don't have any financial ties in India??

What other documents would you recommend me to furnish to make the visa application stronger ??

TIA

a6v
Newly Registered

Re: Family Visitor Visa

Post by a6v » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:46 pm

If your wife has an ILR as well then be better for her to sponsor her parents. She will have to show how she is related if she's changed her name after the marriage, this is not a requirement but advisable so the visa officer does not have any doubts.

Make sure you send 6 months of bank statement in her name and 6 months of salary slips. They dont ask but in the past I have sent the following to be double sure

1. copy of the council bill
2. Copy of passport
3. Copy of ILR

If its their first trip then would suggest you ask your local MP to write to the visa office supporting my case, you need to send them the application reference number. You can email them and usually they respond quickly

Hope this helps... best of luck !!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Family Visitor Visa

Post by Wanderer » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:06 pm

prabsays wrote:Hi,

I am planning to invite my wife's parents to visit us on Family Visitor Visa and they are going stay with us for 4 months. My current Visa status is Indefinite Leave to Remain and Mrs is on Tier 1 Dependent. I have few doubts, Which I would like to clarify before submitting the application. I hope you senior members and gurus will shed some light.
Shouldn't your wife have switched to spouse visa? AIUI she can't have leave as a T1 Dependent when there is no T1 holder to depend on.....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....