ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying ILR for dependent (SET M) form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shiva29
Newly Registered

Applying ILR for dependent (SET M) form

Post by shiva29 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:27 pm

HI,

Please can anyone advise me.

Is the ILR/British citizen candidate has to work and show the proof of employment and salary slip and Bank statement at that time of applying ILR for dependent as part of SET M application.

In this scenario , the person who already have ILR and he/she wants to apply ILR for his/her partner, at that time of apply , is that necessary the already settled person should be in the job and show his employment and salary slip.

Please can anyone advise if you aware of it.

Thanks

Exquisit33

Re: Applying ILR for dependent (SET M) form

Post by Exquisit33 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:37 pm

Yes the sponsor has to show financial evidence. I also found out this information a little while ago. I'm wondering how long the bank statements need to be
Allah is the greatest!

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:17 pm

I show 4 month statement and payslips of my hubby for ILR and it was granted same day in Croydon
ss

wik
Newly Registered

Post by wik » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:50 pm

SSWSZ wrote:I show 4 month statement and payslips of my hubby for ILR and it was granted same day in Croydon
Dear SSWSZ,

if my spouse gets ILR - 10 years basis (8 years student 2 years PSW) and i am dependent since 2006.

1. can i apply SET(M) straightaway ???
2. any funds required as he is not doing any job nowadays...

Regards

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:00 pm

Exact my situation.hubby student +psw got ILR in dec 13 .i got ILR in Croydon but my hard luck I have to pay for flr on same day and then they issue approval for ILR.means I got both flr and ILR same day.
Case worker first ask me that I have to show funds because according to them I came under new rules as I am going to be partner of ILR post July 2012 ( I am in uk since 2006) .then I show her mail from home office which is a reply to my question regarding 18600 and their explanation that I don't have to show this threshold .after reading mail and discussing it with senior members they say ok pay for flr submit your that form as we'll and then we will issue ILR after that so I did the same.
I share my whole story in long residence 10 year topic in detail.

For your question sorry but after my experience I will not recommend for direct set(m) .as some update this as well that they stop doing this in Croydon.i got ILR on 3 feb and that person went to Croydon 6 feb and they said now they are issuing only one visa in one day .
For 2 q .funds are not neede but you have to show financial circumstances we just show 4 month payslips and statement although no specific amount is required but it's imp to show that you are maintaining youself without resources to public funds.hope this help .if you need any further info just pm me.

wik wrote:
SSWSZ wrote:I show 4 month statement and payslips of my hubby for ILR and it was granted same day in Croydon
Dear SSWSZ,

if my spouse gets ILR - 10 years basis (8 years student 2 years PSW) and i am dependent since 2006.

Regards
ss

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:03 pm

wik wrote:Dear SSWSZ,

Regards
1. No you can't. You have to switch to FLR(M)
2. See link below on dependents of ILR Long Resident

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 43881.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

wik
Newly Registered

Post by wik » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:26 pm

Thanks for the reply so there are 2 situations...

1. If husband has not received ILR and my leave due to expire(4 months) then i can apply FLR(M).

2. If husband got ILR before my leave expire then i cannot apply SET(M), i have to apply FLR(M) then question is as soon as i get FLR(M), can i switch to SET(M) ???
2(a). If not then i have to wait 2 years or 5 years.
2(b). Which rules will be applied, New or Old?? any funding required??

Because i will try to take appointment on Solihull and apply in person.

3. Can i get email address of UKBA relevant department, may be they will reply and i may take that email to Solihull or share in this forum so that it will be helpful for others..

Regards
CR001 wrote:

Regards

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:29 pm

Yes you can apply straight away after getting flr(m)
Email I'd is

FamilyOpsPolicy@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

No funds required but still you have to show that you can maintain yourself

wik wrote:Thanks for the reply so there are 2 situations...

1. If husband has not received ILR and my leave due to expire(4 months) then i can apply FLR(M).

2. If husband got ILR before my leave expire then i cannot apply SET(M), i have to apply FLR(M) then question is as soon as i get FLR(M), can i switch to SET(M) ???

3. Can i get email address of UKBA relevant department, may be they will reply and i may take that email to Solihull or share in this forum so that it will be helpful for others..

Regards
CR001 wrote:

Regards

ss

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:47 am

For FLR(M) under Part 8 - the 'old rules' there is no Financial Requirement, rather adequate maintenance and accommodation. If you supply 3 months ages slips and corresponding bank statements and are working full time, that'll suffice.

FLR(M) then SET(M) under immigration rule 287(a)(i)(d). A1 English for FLR(M) and B1 English and LIUK for SET(M).
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

shiva29
Newly Registered

Post by shiva29 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:03 pm

HI,

Thanks for all of your comments. After reading your reply, now i am getting into another question is.

Currently i am ILR and going to apply British Citizenship and my wife is now on PBS-Dependent visa (came under before July 8, 2012 rule) . As per July 8, 2012, rule, my wife would be eligible for ILR on 1st of August.

My question is now, since i would be getting British citizenship at that time of my wife apply ILR from PBS-Dependent visa route, whether can we use SET ( M ) form for applying ILR for her or do we need to go for different form.

My current visa status: ILR, Would be eligible British passport next month, ( March 2014)
My wife visa status: PBS dependent , would be eligible for ILR in August 2014.
Question: Which form shall we use , my understanding is SET (M)

Please advise.

Thanks

SSWSZ wrote:Exact my situation.hubby student +psw got ILR in dec 13 .i got ILR in Croydon but my hard luck I have to pay for flr on same day and then they issue approval for ILR.means I got both flr and ILR same day.
Case worker first ask me that I have to show funds because according to them I came under new rules as I am going to be partner of ILR post July 2012 ( I am in uk since 2006) .then I show her mail from home office which is a reply to my question regarding 18600 and their explanation that I don't have to show this threshold .after reading mail and discussing it with senior members they say ok pay for flr submit your that form as we'll and then we will issue ILR after that so I did the same.
I share my whole story in long residence 10 year topic in detail.

For your question sorry but after my experience I will not recommend for direct set(m) .as some update this as well that they stop doing this in Croydon.i got ILR on 3 feb and that person went to Croydon 6 feb and they said now they are issuing only one visa in one day .
For 2 q .funds are not neede but you have to show financial circumstances we just show 4 month payslips and statement although no specific amount is required but it's imp to show that you are maintaining youself without resources to public funds.hope this help .if you need any further info just pm me.

wik wrote:
Dear SSWSZ,

Regards

wik
Newly Registered

Post by wik » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:49 pm

Dear SSWSZ,

Can you send me the sample email which you have sent and got reply. It will be great help.
can you please forward to wik7jav10@gmail.com after making alteration.
Regards
SSWSZ wrote:Yes you can apply straight away after getting flr(m)
Email I'd is

Regards

[/quote]

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:22 pm

Done mail.you can check it

Can you send me the sample email which you have sent and got reply. It will be great help.
can you please forward to wik7jav10@gmail.com after making alteration.
Regards
SSWSZ wrote:Yes you can apply straight away after getting flr(m)
Email I'd is

Regards

[/quote]
ss