ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent work options

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sambamitra
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Dependent work options

Post by sambamitra » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:14 am

Hi All,
I will be going to London on Tier 2 ICT short term work permit (1 year). My wife will quit her job and accompany me during my stay. She will be on Tier 2 ICT dependent. She has around 6 years of experience in IT (Software Developer), and wishes to work in the UK also during that 1 year period.
I know that being a tier 2 dependent, she can legally work in the UK. However, can anyone let me know whether she will need any other document (e.g. - CoS etc.) to work? Also, what are her chances of getting an IT job in London? Please note that my company will provide the maintenance letter for her also.
Cheers!

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 Dependent work options

Post by iworker » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:43 am

she can carry out any work she like with no restrction at all. She will not need any COS unless she is seeking an independent visa for herself.

priya1
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 Dependent work options

Post by priya1 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:54 pm

Hi All,

I had the same question and I called Home office on this number 0300 123 2441 and she has confirmed that Tier 2 general dependent can work in UK as per the latest rule as well.
I asked about the latest changes in rule and its affect but she answered that Dependents can work.
So I would suggest that please call on home office and get confirmation for your queries.
Please update here if you get answer. :)