ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it mandatory to apply through local NSC?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

utopia
Newly Registered

Is it mandatory to apply through local NSC?

Post by utopia » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:25 pm

Hi,

I am due to apply for British citizenship for myself and my family in the next few weeks.

Am I OK to choose any Nationality Checking Service (NCS) or is it mandatory to apply through the one that is part of my local authority (local council)? I am thinking of applying through a NSC that has definitely been reported to be efficient (in terms of timelines, document handling etc) rather than my local one, which a lot of applicants have complaints about but am not sure if I am allowed to choose.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Utopia

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Is it mandatory to apply through local NSC?

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:35 pm

You can apply at any NCS, there is no rule that you have to apply in your local council.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.