ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DOUBLE STANDARD

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hammad
Newly Registered

DOUBLE STANDARD

Post by hammad » Wed May 23, 2007 4:18 pm

ALL these people against amnesty or work permit for illegal immigrant have forgotten that there mum dad or grand parents were immigrant aswell at 1 time, or the reason they oppose this ting is cause some time in there life they have done something to illegals and scared that they will come back for them 8)

maveli62

Post by maveli62 » Wed May 23, 2007 4:33 pm

Double standard is there throughout the world especially in the western world. The countries started a war to stop ethnic cleansing and weapons of mass destructions are conveniently forgetting their past (eg : Red Indians in America (wiped out but not ethnic cleansing) , Aborginies of Australia, Atrocities during British Raj and of course the large stockpile of N.weapons in the western world (when it is in western world it is not Weapons of Mass destruction)

But having said all these we all have the right to leave this place and go to a place where one think there are no double standard. No one is forcing us to stay here.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: DOUBLE STANDARD

Post by Wanderer » Wed May 23, 2007 4:33 pm

hammad wrote:ALL these people against amnesty or work permit for illegal immigrant have forgotten that there mum dad or grand parents were immigrant aswell at 1 time, or the reason they oppose this ting is cause some time in there life they have done something to illegals and scared that they will come back for them 8)
My father's side are Irish Immigrants, but they came here LEGALLY, u get the difference?

maveli62

Post by maveli62 » Wed May 23, 2007 4:43 pm

Wanderer wrote:
but they came here LEGALLY, u get the difference?
And made it practically impossible for the rest to come here with similar skill

just passed the life in uk and the book says the Irish came here to dig canals and lay railways and to escape famine.

None of the above will give you a place in UK now

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Wed May 23, 2007 4:54 pm

Wanderer, here's a nice photo for you. :)

Papafaith
Member of Standing

Post by Papafaith » Wed May 23, 2007 4:56 pm

Maveli36, whatever they came to do is irrelevant, they came here legally, this is the big difference.
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Wed May 23, 2007 4:56 pm

maveli62 wrote:And made it practically impossible for the rest to come here with similar skill
At the end of the day ask yourself how many people can this small island (country) hold, whether legal or illegal?

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Wed May 23, 2007 4:59 pm

OL7MAX, I love the pic :lol:

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed May 23, 2007 5:03 pm

maveli62 wrote:
Wanderer wrote:

just passed the life in uk and the book says the Irish came here to dig canals and lay railways and to escape famine.

Actually Ireland was part of the UK then, from 1801 until 1922 if I remember correctly pity that's not in the Life in UK test!

Rawling

Post by Rawling » Wed May 23, 2007 5:27 pm

olisun wrote:
maveli62 wrote:And made it practically impossible for the rest to come here with similar skill
At the end of the day ask yourself how many people can this small island (country) hold, whether legal or illegal?
Nobody objects to the controls. Indeed they are coming pretty soon for all immigrants. It will be easier to track people. That will stem flow of immigrants signicantly. But once they are in place then solution need to be found for people who are already here. In any case majority of these people will continue to be here as there is no resources to deport all of them in short time.

Western powers will need to change their foreign policies as well concerning poor countries. There is need to have more fair trade system in the world, Don't sell dangerous weapon to dictators in the world,

hammad
Newly Registered

ok

Post by hammad » Wed May 23, 2007 6:01 pm

they u should let people with families kids or been here for 4 yr,s stay cause there is no way they can deport them ,

olisun
Diamond Member

Re: ok

Post by olisun » Wed May 23, 2007 6:13 pm

hammad wrote:there is no way they can deport them ,
Who says there is no way they can deport them???

If the Govt. wants they can round up almost all the illegal immigrants and deport them. BUT the questions is do they really want to do it??

What happens to the black market?? Do the wages remain low?? Who will do all the work which the locals don't want to do? Cause if the illegals who are doing all the sh1t work get a legal status then there is no stopping them from leaving the jobs and finding work somewhere else or claim benefits.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Wed May 23, 2007 7:41 pm

olisun wrote:What happens to the black market?? Do the wages remain low?? Who will do all the work which the locals don't want to do?
British citizens, permanent residents and EEA/Swiss citizens will do all of this work. It just means employers might have to offer higher wages.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed May 23, 2007 7:50 pm

olisun wrote:
hammad wrote:there is no way they can deport them ,
Who says there is no way they can deport them???

If the Govt. wants they can round up almost all the illegal immigrants and deport them. BUT the questions is do they really want to do it??

What happens to the black market?? Do the wages remain low?? Who will do all the work which the locals don't want to do? Cause if the illegals who are doing all the sh1t work get a legal status then there is no stopping them from leaving the jobs and finding work somewhere else or claim benefits.
Read Orwell's 1984!

The HO is the Inner Party, we are the Outer Party, and guess who the Proles are?

hammad
Newly Registered

Post by hammad » Wed May 23, 2007 7:58 pm

k........
Last edited by hammad on Wed May 23, 2007 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: wot ever

Post by Wanderer » Wed May 23, 2007 8:35 pm

hammad wrote:wot makes u tink that illegals are doing all the sh1t work ,
in real world illegals are making more money that u lot not all illegals are in the same boat or sitting on net visiting sites like these they are out making money.......
More often than not by drug dealing and human trafficking....

Certainly not paying taxes.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Wed May 23, 2007 9:23 pm

JAJ wrote:
olisun wrote:What happens to the black market?? Do the wages remain low?? Who will do all the work which the locals don't want to do?
British citizens, permanent residents and EEA/Swiss citizens will do all of this work. It just means employers might have to offer higher wages.
That's what I meant.. maybe I was not very clear

maveli62

Post by maveli62 » Thu May 24, 2007 8:39 am

Wanderer wrote: Actually Ireland was part of the UK then, from 1801 until 1922 if I remember correctly pity that's not in the Life in UK test!
Many other part of the world was part of the British Empire even after 1922. The whole subcontinent was until 1947

champion

Post by champion » Thu May 24, 2007 4:41 pm

maveli62 wrote:
Wanderer wrote:

That time it was leagal.
there is a law of the land to protect the interest of its people (I am strngly disagree with many of them) but you have to follow

maveli62

Post by maveli62 » Thu May 24, 2007 5:12 pm

champion wrote:That time it was leagal.
there is a law of the land to protect the interest of its people (I am strngly disagree with many of them) but you have to follow
ofcourse we need to follow the rule. But the question was isn't the rule an example of double standard ?

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Thu May 24, 2007 5:51 pm

maveli62 wrote:
Wanderer wrote: Actually Ireland was part of the UK then, from 1801 until 1922 if I remember correctly pity that's not in the Life in UK test!
Many other part of the world was part of the British Empire even after 1922. The whole subcontinent was until 1947
What is now the Republic of Ireland was part of the United Kingdom not just the British Empire.

In any case, most of those places other than the remaining British Overseas Territories are now independent. One consequence of independence is that people from those areas cannot now expect the right to live in the United Kingdom. If losing this right was such a problem, why did they want to become independent in the first place?

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Thu May 24, 2007 8:26 pm

why did they want to become independent in the first place?
It's outrageous, isn't it? Just because someone is ransacking your country, annexing neighbouring countries, killing millions of your brothers, raping your mothers and sisters, enslaving millions, imposing his religion on you, destroying your shrines, stirring up hatred, being a state terrorist, bleeding you dry with taxes to the point of starvation, and generally being a pretty bad egg ... is no reason to want him out of your country, is it? I don't know what they were thinking!

Ancient history?

Here's an Interesting Link on a disgraceful episode that's finally come to a conclusion this week. It's how the UK deported 2,000 people. Not from the UK but from their own homes in their own country. And consistently tried to argue that it was completely legal. And are still arguing that today. They used unlawful methods and illegal means (according to the High Court). The Blair government was the worst - they even used the royal prerogative (full story) to prevent people from returning to their own homes! Despite losing again and again in every court in the land they keep dragging it out - this time by taking it to the House of Lords.

Those Chagossians who did not originally take British residency for fear of affecting their legal case against the British government are now ... "illegal immigrants". It's heartening to know that some of you would like to throw them out. Again.

champion

Post by champion » Fri May 25, 2007 10:20 am

maveli62 wrote:
champion wrote:That time it was leagal.
ofcourse we need to follow the rule. But the question was isn't the rule an example of double standard ?
I agree with you 100% the rule is double standard
I will tell you a best example of this

As part of globalisation all these mMNC came to India including coke and pepsi and due to their money power they forced all the small company to shut down. these products were better than pepsi and coke but still they have to close down.
now when it come to entering any Indian company into UK as offshore or anything they cry here.

Another example of their double standard is they called thousands of Indian doctors to UK to solve their crisis and these people dont apericiate the Indian degree. Indian Doctors are to spend loads of money to become qualify again to practise here. they were in big dept and when they were about to earn this country asked them to go back.
I am against these kind of dicremenation and I will give my full support to any protest against these policy but that doesn't mean that I will encourage the illigal immigration.
I also prefer that if UK wants best Doctors and Engineer from developing country then they should take equal amount of low proile peole as well.

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Fri May 25, 2007 12:20 pm

I also prefer that if UK wants best Doctors and Engineer from developing country then they should take equal amount of low proile peole as well.
But that's just normal human behaviour, everyone would like to spend time with your well behaved child but who wants to be with your spoilt child :D

However, what is being done to non-eu doctors is really unfair..that truly IS exploitation.
Mini

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Fri May 25, 2007 3:11 pm

OL7MAX wrote: Those Chagossians who did not originally take British residency for fear of affecting their legal case against the British government are now ... "illegal immigrants".
In fact, since the British Overseas Territories Act 2002, they are British citizens.