ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR visa for spouse

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

send2archan

ILR visa for spouse

Post by send2archan » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:56 am

Hi members,

Need some advice please.
Currently my wife is living with me in the UK. I am an ILR visa holder which was granted in 2012. I got married in 2012 but since we were not married and my wife did not reside in the UK for min 2 years, she did not get her ILR status. Currently she is on a dependent visa applied via FLR (M) route. In 2014, she qualifies for ILR since she has completed 2 years of residency in the UK and also we have been married for 2 years now. I had a few questions.

1. Is SET (M) the correct form?
2. For finances, I intend to show my bank statements, payslips, P60's and letter from employer which I believe are more than enough. Is 12 months payslip and bank statements enough since the form does not specifically mention this.

3. When my wife applied for FLR (M) she did not have to sit for any English Language test because she has a Masters Degree from Uni of Pune in India. I searched in the UKBA website and Uni of Pune is there in the Points Based Calculator UKBA database. For ILR does she need to sit for any ESOL test?

4. I remember during my ILR application, I had to prove that I was not outside the country for a certain number of days (180 days or something). But in this form, it does not ask for anything.

Can someone please help?

Regards,
Archan

rais99
Newly Registered

Re: ILR visa for spouse

Post by rais99 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:25 am

Form SET(M)
12 months cohabitation documents.
Life in the UK.
English can be waved off as she has a degree from Uni of Pune.
Marriage certificate.
Your 12months bank statements and payslips.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:00 am

rais99 wrote:Form SET(M)
Life in the UK.
Marriage certificate.
Rais99, please refrain from posting things that are not correct.

Cohabitation proof has to cover the 2 year period, that is, for every 4 months, a joint letter or a letter each from at least 3 different sources.

If the degree is awarded 10 points for English Skills and points for qualification that should suffice B1 English in addition to LIUK.

The last 3 months wage slips and corresponding bank statements, not 12.

Absences have to be limited and form good reason, you only have to declare absences of 6 months or more.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:36 am

Amber_ wrote:
rais99 wrote:Form SET(M)
Life in the UK.
Marriage certificate.
Rais99, please refrain from posting things that are not correct.

Cohabitation proof has to cover the 2 year period, that is, for every 4 months, a joint letter or a letter each from at least 3 different sources.

If the degree is awarded 10 points for English Skills and points for qualification that should suffice B1 English in addition to LIUK.

The last 3 months wage slips and corresponding bank statements, not 12.

Absences have to be limited and form good reason, you only have to declare absences of 6 months or more.
dear amber, can you please explain a bit more about the statement in red. i called home office twice and they said we need uk naric confirmation and you can only use printout from points table if you have used it in any previous application.
secondly uk naric english assessment only gives you cefr c1, no higher no less, if its not cefr c1, they will say applicant does not meet the c1 cefr requirement, then in this situation how do we fulfil english requirement??

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:15 am

The points calculator should suffice. The ELA although may say not C1 it would say whether the degree was taught in English or not, that and the SoC would suffice or the SoC and a letter from the awarding institution to say the degree was taught in English.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.