ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal dismissed, Appealing to UTT/Fresh Application

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jay4real
Newly Registered

Appeal dismissed, Appealing to UTT/Fresh Application

Post by Jay4real » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:02 pm

Hello Everyone,

I kindly need your advise and suggestions please.

I submitted by Application in November 2012,
went for interview in April 2013
Application refused in May 2013
Reason: 1) that my Job Title as appeared in my contract of service does not appear on the list of NQF level 4 or above
2) My Contract of Service from my client is a copy and there was no telephone number or email address

appeal heard on Jan 29, 2014 and the judged dismissed my appeal IFO of Home Office that although my contract of service is sent and accepted via email as an attachment, and the fact that the email content has the client email address and telephone number, the email does not constitute part of the contract of service.

I have applied for permission to appeal to the UTT and have received an acknowledgment letter stating that they will inform me of the result in writing.

I WAS ONLY USING THAT TO BUY TIME AND SUBMIT A FRESH ALLICATION as I have another contract with another client that clarifies the job title issue.

My Questions are:

1) Can I write to the FTT to request for the withdrawal and submit a fresh application or do I have to wait for them to get back to me before submitting application and withdrawing the appeal?
2) Can I still use the same company I use in 2012 for my initial application as I have been trading with this company and just submitted my corporation tax return to HMRC and companies House? -
3) Because I have an accounting firm that manages my company account, my company's registered address on my CAR is my accountants address. other correspondence comes to my home address. Is this going to be an issue as my website and other materials has my business address as my home address
4) Can I include my audited account and letter from my accountant in my new application

I look forward to your response please.

Many thanks

silentuser
Newly Registered

Re: Appeal dismissed, Appealing to UTT/Fresh Application

Post by silentuser » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:16 pm

It is good for u to have the same address on all docs, ideally u should use the same company as its been trading, its better to include each and every thing(accounts) as u r a genuine entrepreneur. Complete ur preparation and then go for new application. Best of luck

Jay4real
Newly Registered

Post by Jay4real » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:58 am

@ Silentuser

thanks for your reply. the issue is my business address is my home address on all other docs, my website, business bank statement, contract of services. and gumtree advert. but bcos the accounting firm is acting as an agent for my tax purposes, the new CAR has by registered address as their address.

Do I have to change this address with companies house and request for another CAR before submitting a new application or can I put a covering letter explaining that and ask my accountant to write a reference for me.

Also guys I need help please, Do I have to wait for FTT to get back to me with the outcome of my application to appeal before I can submit a new application or can I just withdraw that application and submit a new application now.

Guys I would really appreciate your advise please as my application will be ready for submission next week and they may have not gotten back to me.

Many thanks

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:01 am

@ Jay4real,

1) Can I write to the FTT to request for the withdrawal and submit a fresh application or do I have to wait for them to get back to me before submitting application and withdrawing the appeal?

Ans: You can either wait for FTT decision on your UT appeal or withdraw your appeal by sending them a letter. Its your choice to decide as no one can predict the outcome of the FTT decision on your UT appeal.

2) Can I still use the same company I use in 2012 for my initial application as I have been trading with this company and just submitted my corporation tax return to HMRC and companies House? -

Ans: Yes, you can still use the same old company for your new application, you should get a new CAR that shows you are still a director in the company.

3) Because I have an accounting firm that manages my company account, my company's registered address on my CAR is my accountants address. other correspondence comes to my home address. Is this going to be an issue as my website and other materials has my business address as my home address

Ans: Why will you use your accountant's address as your company's registered address just because the accountant manages your company finances. You should stick to your own address as that might cause unnecessary query from caseworker who are always looking for minor errors on application. Did you use the same accountant's address in your first application?

4) Can I include my audited account and letter from my accountant in my new application

Ans: Yes, its a very good advantage if you include your audited account and letter from your accountant as this will proof that you are already trading.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

Jay4real
Newly Registered

Post by Jay4real » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:19 am

@ Olasunkanmi,

Thanks so much for your reply. I did not use the accountant when I submitted my initial application as I had not started trading then. Because they serve as my agent with HMRC to make sure all accounting files and submitted on time, that's why it's showing on my CAR that their address is my company's registered address, all other correspondence still comes to my home address which I use as my business address.

My Question now is if I can change it for the purpose of this new application, although I don't know how long it takes for the change to reflect, as u rightly said, to avoid any case worker picking on any little thing to capitalise on. Although on the CAR, under the current appointment, it is showing my name and my home address. And under the company registration information, it's showing my company name and registered address as c/o the accounting firm's address.

Please what's your advice on this please.

Many thanks

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:16 am

@ Jay4real, my advice is that you should change the company registered address from your accountants address to your own address. You still have enough time as you are still awaiting FTT decision for your UT appeal and change of address shouldn't take more than 24hrs to reflect on your Companies House profile and you can then request for a new CAR after the changes have been confirmed.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

Jay4real
Newly Registered

Post by Jay4real » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:03 am

Hi Olasunkanmi,
Thank you so much for your advice. Will do that and will keep the board posted on my application process.

Just to clarify plz, that I can withdraw my appeal before GTB come back to me with the decision and submit a new application.

Cheers bro.

dreamsworld
Newly Registered

Post by dreamsworld » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:33 am

Olasunkanmi wrote:@ Jay4real,

Ans: You can either wait for FTT decision on your UT appeal or withdraw your appeal by sending them a letter. Its your choice to decide as no one can predict the outcome of the FTT decision on your UT appeal.

Ans: Yes, you can still use the same old company for your new application, you should get a new CAR that shows you are still a director in the company.

Ans: Why will you use your accountant's address as your company's registered address just because the accountant manages your company finances. You should stick to your own address as that might cause unnecessary query from caseworker who are always looking for minor errors on application. Did you use the same accountant's address in your first application?

Ans: Yes, its a very good advantage if you include your audited account and letter from your accountant as this will proof that you are already trading.
Dear Olasunkanmi,

I have been into a similar situation. I have made my application in September 2012, my company is incorporated in August 2012. I have received a refusal on November, 2013 (1 Year and 3 Months). The application dismissed because the Home Office has pointed out that my name is missing from the Advertising Material and that the Bank Letter was missing the part that the 'Amount is Transferable in the United Kingdom'.

I appealed against the decision of the Secretary of State FTT and in the court hearing the barrister has proved and convinced the court that;

(1) Name was missing in the Advertising Material, but name was present on the Marketing Material.
His submission was;
41-SD (e)
(iii) one or more of the following specified documents:

(1) advertising or marketing material, including printouts of online advertising, that has been published locally or nationally, showing the applicant's name (and the name of the business if applicable) together with the business activity or, where his business is trading online, confirmation of his ownership of the domain name of the business’s website,
He has proved and has convinced the court that the rules clearly states EITHER Advertising Material OR Marketing material and the appellant name, designation, email address, telephone number, registered office address, website, and list of services are present on his business card

(2) The bank letter is missing with the information that 'Amount is Transferable in the United Kingdom'.
His submission was;

The Judge has applied a very high standard of proof in respect to the unsatisfactory bank letter and that evidential flexibility policy should have been applied.

But the outcome of the FTT turned against me and the FTT judge has refused my grounds of appeal and has stated in his statement that the original secretary of state's decision would be withheld. I have been given a chance to apply in the Upper Tier Tribunal and I have submitted my appeal. During this time, the bank has agreed to produce the said letter and I have submitted the bank letter with my request to appeal in the UTT. The UTT has refused to accept my grounds of appeal and that NO FURTHER RIGHT OF APPEAL is given.

The tribunal remarks made by the judge that no further right of appeal has been given but the letter does not say anything regarding my immediate removal and I believe the Home Office is exercising its 28 days period.

What are my possibilities. My solicitor said we can argue the matter in the Judicial Review but he is not suggesting me to go for a Fresh Application as I do not have a current valid stay. But my first application was submitted in time. If I have to make a fresh application, do I have to make a new company, new business card, new advertising material, new marketing material, new website because one of the condition of the fresh application is that the company should have been created no more than 3 months at the time of the application.

And, if I go for a judicial review, what should I do and how should I proceed.

Many thanks