ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Market research

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shrikant
Newly Registered

Market research

Post by shrikant » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:52 pm

Can someone please guide with the market research, what goes into it and how its done, I just want to make sure what am doing is right and confirm with you all, thanks.

cpmlkhan
Member of Standing

Re: Market research

Post by cpmlkhan » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:17 pm

shrikant wrote:Can someone please guide with the market research, what goes into it and how its done, I just want to make sure what am doing is right and confirm with you all, thanks.
You need to put overview of your services & other companies related to your business, SWOT etc .

This is your market research

mohammed1980

Post by mohammed1980 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:09 pm

shrikant wrote:Can someone please guide with the market research, what goes into it and how its done, I just want to make sure what am doing is right and confirm with you all, thanks.
I did my own market research and I will tell you how I wrote it pointwise -

1. is my business going to be viable in the UK market ? (means are there any clients/customers in the UK for my business)
2. What is the research I have done to conclude my business will succeed?

3. Who will be my target market (which clients/customers I am going to focus on)?

4. What strategy I am going to use the target the market?
4 Ps of marketing strategy -
Product
Price
Place
Promotion
a. What is my product and the features of the product.
b. What is my pricing strategy? How will I decide at what price I am going to sell my product?
c. Where will I sell it, on the internet or retail shop or wholesalers, etc?
d. How I will enter the market? (promotion)

5. who are my competitors? In what way am I going to different from the competitors that is what is the competitive advantage I have over them.

6. SWOT analysis -
S - strength - what are my strengths
W - what are my weaknesses
O - what opportunities do I have
T - what are the threats
How will I make use of my strengths and the opportunities to overcome my weaknesses and the threats.

My research was about 10 pages. I hope this helps.

shrikant
Newly Registered

Post by shrikant » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:59 am

mohammed1980 wrote:

1. is my business going to be viable in the UK market ? (means are there any clients/customers in the UK for my business)

3. Who will be my target market (which clients/customers I am going to focus on)?

Product
Price
Place
Promotion
b. What is my pricing strategy? How will I decide at what price I am going to sell my product?

5. who are my competitors? In what way am I going to different from the competitors that is what is the competitive advantage I have over them.

6. SWOT analysis -
T - what are the threats
How will I make use of my strengths and the opportunities to overcome my weaknesses and the threats.

Thanks a lot, definitely helps ..

shrikant
Newly Registered

Post by shrikant » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:35 am

Mohammed bhai could you please email me your market research for reference if you dont mind at shryk007(at)gmail.com
mohammed1980 wrote:

Product
Price
Place
Promotion

6. SWOT analysis -
T - what are the threats

mohammed1980

Post by mohammed1980 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:19 pm

shrikant wrote:Mohammed bhai could you please email me your market research for reference if you dont mind at shryk007(at)gmail.com
mohammed1980 wrote:

Product
Price
Place
Promotion

6. SWOT analysis -
T - what are the threats

Dear friend, I can help you in making the market research. Just answer to the points I mentioned above and PM me.

shrikant
Newly Registered

Post by shrikant » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:52 pm

Dear friend, I can help you in making the market research. Just answer to the points I mentioned above and PM me.[/quote]

Thanks, sorry cant PM you, wanted to ask do I need to put references in the research like we do in assignments?

mohammed1980

Post by mohammed1980 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:43 pm

shrikant wrote:Dear friend, I can help you in making the market research. Just answer to the points I mentioned above and PM me.
Thanks, sorry cant PM you, wanted to ask do I need to put references in the research like we do in assignments?[/quote]

Yes, you need to name the source from where you got the information. If you collected data from some website on the internet, you need to provide the name of the website and the body who conducted that research. For eg. I wrote, (Source: Research done by London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, year 2012). This gives credibility to your work.