ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NON-EU Dependent child/ child Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

irishcolombians
Newly Registered

NON-EU Dependent child/ child Ireland

Post by irishcolombians » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:58 am

Hi there,

I am sorry if this has already been posted but i am new to the site and not sure of how to navigate properly yet!

Well my partner who is a British citizen is now in the middle of the SS route through Ireland to bring his Non-EU SON into the country. He is currently 20 but turns 21 in a couple of weeks.

After battling for 4 WHOLE MONTHS! with the embassy in Mexico we have finally been given the initial entry visa. (I will create a separate post for this as there are some useful experiences to be heard!)

So we are now finally at the stage where he is due to arrive next week.

Could someone please just confirm if i am now on the right course.

As far as i understand it, he is to send his EU1 form off before registering with the Guards, they will in turn send a letter of receipt that we can take to the Guards for the GNIB card.

On the EU1 form it asks for his PPS number, how is this obtained for a non eu fam member? can this be updated after submitting the form?

also, as the form will be (hopefully) submitted before his 21st birthday, will they treat it as a dependent adult child or as a child (age at time of application) as he is fully dependent either way, we just need to know what we need to send in the form as it makes it more extensive if he is treated as a dependent adult child.

Thanks for your help

agniukas

Re: NON-EU Dependent child/ child Ireland

Post by agniukas » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:38 pm

due to the fact that at the time of the decision he will be over 21 years of age, he will have to submit evidence of dependence on the EU citizen in addition to all the other docs.
PPSN can be submitted at a later stage