ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Teir 2 Sponsor duties What need to do

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

NeedAdvice62
Newly Registered

Teir 2 Sponsor duties What need to do

Post by NeedAdvice62 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:11 pm

Hi Senior members,
Please some one reply as my employer do not know what to do?
Currently I am under tier -2 general.
My employer have 2 tier 2 general employees and one of them got ILR on long residency.Please inform me what should my employer need to do using Sponsorship management system with respect to one employee who got ILR and also on the SMS as a tier-2 general worker.

Does employer need to withdraw the COS for this employee who got ILR under Long residency?
If so how to do through Sponsorship management system or how to report regarding this through SMS?

I will be very thankful to you if you help me in this regard.

Kind regards.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Teir 2 Sponsor duties What need to do

Post by manci » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:26 pm

the sponsor must report via the SMS within 10 days if they stop sponsoring a migrant because, for example, the migrant moves into an immigration category that does not need a sponsor

NeedAdvice62
Newly Registered

Post by NeedAdvice62 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:08 pm

Thanks for your reply .
Is it compulsory to stop sponsoring and to report through SMS
and how to report through SMS bacause my employer give me this reposibility and I do not want to make any mistake that can also impact me because I am also on Tier-2 general .
If have any UKBA link/guidline regarding this(what to do if the migrant moves into an immigration category that does not need a sponsor) that will be very helpful and appreciated.
Kind regards

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:29 am

NeedAdvice62
Newly Registered

Post by NeedAdvice62 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:37 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I have informed to my employer that its sponsor duty to report within 10 days but my employer asked any reference from UKBA guidline that Sponsor should report within 10 days about stopping sponsoring a migrant who switch into settlement under Long residency.

Further Migrant who got ILR under long residency is reluctant that employer stop sponsoring him although he got ILR but he said his tier-2 PBS dependent will suffer as there visa going to expire in Sep 2014 and He is planning to switch them later because of ukba fees problem.

I am worried because I am also under Tier-2 and only one left because the other one got ILR under 10 year Long Residency.

Please advice me what my employer should do so that no one suffer .

Please also advice me how to report through SMS about change of my address as I am moving to other address in April 14.?

I will be very very helpful if you help me in this regard as my situation becomes critical.
Kind regards

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:52 pm

the sponsor must report within 10 days if the migrant moves into an immigration category that doesn't require sponsorship, see the sponsor guidance para 15.7c).
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... idance.pdf
If they don't, their licence may be downgraded, suspended or revoked

NeedAdvice62
Newly Registered

Post by NeedAdvice62 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:23 pm

Thankyou manci again,
My employer reported today through SMS and stop sponsoring Migrant as the Migrant switching into category that does not need sponsor.
But my employer forget to mention his latest Address and contact number .Now what my emplyer need to do to rectify it?

Kind regards