ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT !!! COA and right to work !!! Please reply

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

EEA2Visa2014
Newly Registered

URGENT !!! COA and right to work !!! Please reply

Post by EEA2Visa2014 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:17 pm

I recently applied for residence card using EEA2 form, on the basis durable relationship with my partner who is a German nation and working in the UK since July 2007. We have included all the relevant documents as asked. I received my COA today (dated 17 February 2014) which says that UKBA is unable to confirm my right to work in the UK at this point in time.

I am employed at a firm with permanent position since October 2011, under TIER 1 (PSW) visa valid until 18 February 2014. I made application on 10 February 2014 which was received and acknowledged by UKBA on 11 February 2014. Hence I made my application before my current leave expires.

Although my partner is employed but my earning is equally important to make ends meet and crucial to our household.

1. Could anyone guide me if conditions of my existing leave will continue whilst my application is being considered as I have applied before my current leave expired ?

2. Has anyone been through same situation ?

vinny

Re: URGENT !!! COA and right to work !!! Please reply

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:00 am

1. Unfortunately, Section 3C/3D is not applicable.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

EEA2Visa2014
Newly Registered

Re: URGENT !!! COA and right to work !!! Please reply

Post by EEA2Visa2014 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:38 pm

Then what shall I do ? Quit my job by telling my employer that I do not have right to work ?

The COA dose not say that I have legal right to stay either while my residence card application is under process, and is unable to confirm my right to work. All it says is that I have submitted my application as durable partner and decision will be taken within 6 months.

Either I have right to stay and work OR I don't have right to stay and have no right to work, while my residence card is under process. In other words, either my status is continued or it is not continued.

What is allowing me to stay while my residence card application is under process ?