ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - No Acknowledgement from HO

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kaym

Naturalisation - No Acknowledgement from HO

Post by Kaym » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:48 am

I applied for naturalisation through NCS Sheffield on 20 Feb 2014. After validating, I was told that they will send the application on 20 Feb 2014 to Home Office/UKBA for processing on 20 Feb 2014.

I have not yet received any acknowledgement. In this forum I found that in most cases the acknowledgement is recd. within a day or so. But I have not yet recd. any acknowledgement.

Any idea ?

How does this acknowledgement recd ? Do they email, SMS or through post ?

Thanks

rikken

Re: Naturalisation - No Acknowledgement from HO

Post by rikken » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:49 am

I applied in mid December and it took them 5 weeks to acknowledge my application.

Late October applicants had to wait nearly 2 months for acknowledgement.

So in short, wait.

You'll get a letter from them and they will deduct the fee from your bank account, that's how you'll know.

warz123
Newly Registered

Post by warz123 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:54 am

Kaym wrote:I applied for naturalisation through NCS Sheffield on 20 Feb 2014. After validating, I was told that they will send the application on 20 Feb 2014 to Home Office/UKBA for processing on 20 Feb 2014.

I have not yet received any acknowledgement. In this forum I found that in most cases the acknowledgement is recd. within a day or so. But I have not yet recd. any acknowledgement.

Any idea ?

How does this acknowledgement recd ? Do they email, SMS or through post ?

Thanks
An acknowledgement is not within a day, that's the receipt by the HO. This basically means that HO has received it (you can find this out by tracking your package via the tracking number NCS gave you).

Kaym

Post by Kaym » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:08 am

Thanks for the response.

The NCS Sheffield has not provided me any tracking number. I was told that they will send the application to HO Liverpool on 20 Feb 2014. Should I be asking for the tracking number to check whether HO has received or not. ?

Thanks

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:12 am

I had the same issue and I suggest you call your NCS and ask them to send you an email with tracking number where you will see when did the HO receive your application.
I am sometimes wrong.

Kaym

Post by Kaym » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:44 am

Thanks guys.

I wrote to NCS Sheffield and they immediately responded & confirmed that it was delivered on 21 Feb 2104. They also provided me the tracking number.

I must appreciate NCS Sheffield. They were always very responsive on email as well as on phone. (as compared to NCS Leeds. When I tried to get an appointment from NCS Leeds, I was told that some one will call me within 10 days to let me know, when is the next appointment available (which is of course mentioned in their web site too). I got no response from them, when I twice posted query on their web site by filling up a form )