ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport and other Eu passport/right to abode

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lad2777

British passport and other Eu passport/right to abode

Post by lad2777 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:17 pm

I am a British citizenship (passport soon), but I have a Polish passport too, so I will use both passports, now in the letter I receive at the ceremony, there is a message as you can see below, what does it exactly mean, how to read it and how and when it could affect me?

''all British citizen have the right to abode in the uk if as a British citizen, you wished to travel on a non British passport it must be endorse to show that you have right to abode, otherwise, you might experience difficulty proving your right to be re admitted to the UK''

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British passport and other Eu passport/right to abode

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:50 pm

It won't affect you on either of your passports (British & EU).

It is applicable to visa nationals should they travel on a foreign passport, i.e. India, South Africa, Pakistan, etc. etc. It does not include any EU countries.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

erdek123
Newly Registered

Post by erdek123 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:19 pm

CR001 wrote:It won't affect you on either of your passports (British & EU).

It is applicable to visa nationals should they travel on a foreign passport, i.e. India, South Africa, Pakistan, etc. etc. It does not include any EU countries.
Do you mean it is applicable to all visa nationals or just to Commonwealth citizens?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:00 pm

It is applicable to British citizens who also concurrently have a valid non-EU passport that they wish to travel on.

I can not imagine that there is any harm in a British/EU dual citizen getting a Right Of Abode certificate in their passport, but it is not necessary as all EU citizens have freedom of movement within the EU.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:50 am

secret.simon wrote:It is applicable to British citizens who also concurrently have a valid non-EU passport that they wish to travel on.

I can not imagine that there is any harm in a British/EU dual citizen getting a Right Of Abode certificate in their passport, but it is not necessary as all EU citizens have freedom of movement within the EU.
A British passport holder cannot apply for a CoE-RoA (2(4) - 6(b)).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.