ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When an asylum seeker can leave uk?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Vb3d

When an asylum seeker can leave uk?

Post by Vb3d » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:30 pm

When someone apply for asylum, can they leave the UK temporally?
I heard that they can't leave the UK for five years, and if they do leave to their country of origin, which is the country he is escaping, that will invalidate his application.
What is true and false in these?

peppekalle

Re: When an asylum seeker can leave uk?

Post by peppekalle » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:11 pm

Where did you hear it from?I have never heard of it before.One thing i am certain is you cant go back to the country you are fleeing from.If you go back you put your status at risk .

sufibaba
Newly Registered

Re: When an asylum seeker can leave uk?

Post by sufibaba » Sat May 10, 2014 7:10 pm

1.you need to inform the home office but you cannot travel to the country originally you are coming from.
2.you are at a real risk if you travel to your own country( how can you travel to your home country if there is prosecution against you)
3. First of all home office has to approve your application and then will be granted 3 or 5 years on human rights or as discretionary leave.
4.Getting approval for an asylum case is so hard
as an example genuinely i got a 10 years high court case and given me prison sentence back in my country still home office refused my asylum applicatio