ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian passport renewal.

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rihan007
Newly Registered

Indian passport renewal.

Post by rihan007 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:18 am

I submitted my passport renewal application on 15th of Jan 2014. I was asked to enquire after five weeks (19th Feb 2014) which I did. I received an email saying I need to post self addressed special delivery envelope. I had send them them the envelopes, but I am still waiting to get the passport. I have a travel scheduled on march 15th 2014 and I am getting nervous as I need to apply for visas soon.

I had sent them emails enquiring about the status and all they say is "passport is ready". It will be dispatched in 2 weeks. Please cooperate.

What are my options here. How do i get them to expedite sending my passport.

Any help is appreciated.

Parimala

Re: Indian passport renewal.

Post by Parimala » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:00 pm

Hi ,

When did you get an email saying its ready?

I applied on 21 Jan 2014 and had not given an envelope.. but when I emailed them they said I can collect them when they are ready.

I am still waiting. They do not even reply these days. I have my UK Visa extension due next month.

rihan007
Newly Registered

Post by rihan007 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:04 pm

They said its ready on 21 feb 2014. Below is their latest email
Lot of passports have already been dispatched and are being dispatched on a regular basis.

We collect all the envelopes received from applicants(those who have been requested to send envelopes) by post and link them to the respective files. Then we dispatch everything together.

It takes around 2 weeks to post the passports once the self addressed envelope is received. Request for your cooperation.

Parimala

Post by Parimala » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:10 pm

Can you message me the Email Address of HCI to which you sent an email to please.

rihan007
Newly Registered

Post by rihan007 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:12 pm

you can send email to both att.passport@hcilondon.in, info.london@hcilondon.in with your collection reference number.

vkjainuk

Post by vkjainuk » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:22 am

Hi, I have applied for Indian Passport renewal & new passport for Baby on 31-Jan-2014.... but still waiting for passport .....

Has any one applied during same time, recieved it ???

Parimala

Post by Parimala » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:38 am

I Had applied for Indian Passport Renewal on 21-01-2014 in person at HCI London and had opted to collect in person.

I received an Email informing the new passport is ready. I collected it from HCI yesterday.

P.S : I received email only after sending many emails asking for status.

rihan007
Newly Registered

Post by rihan007 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:48 am

Parimala wrote:I Had applied for Indian Passport Renewal on 21-01-2014 in person at HCI London and had opted to collect in person.

I received an Email informing the new passport is ready. I collected it from HCI yesterday.

P.S : I received email only after sending many emails asking for status.
I applied on feb15th. Still havent got my passport. they asked me to send in a special delivery envelope and said that they had stopped collection after feb10th.

rihan007
Newly Registered

Post by rihan007 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:45 am

I applied on jan15th and not feb 15th as i stated in previous post.

I went there yesterday during the collection time. Gave the receipt. They called everyone . last was me. and they said they can't find it. it is with the postal department. I will get it in a day or two. I asked them what if i don't get it this week. they said then ,i need to go there next week in the morning and get token for counter 7.

vkjainuk

Post by vkjainuk » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:16 am

Hi rihan,

Did you get better response by going in evening at collection time ??
Any response from counter 7 in the morning ???

I am in similar situation... Applied for passport renewal on 31-Jan-2014 and also submitted SElf addressed envelope.... but even after 5 weeks, no sign of Passport ........ UK VISA expiring on 20-Mar... I am really worried.....

rihan007
Newly Registered

Post by rihan007 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:18 am

vkjainuk wrote:Hi rihan,

I am in similar situation... Applied for passport renewal on 31-Jan-2014 and also submitted SElf addressed envelope.... but even after 5 weeks, no sign of Passport ........ UK VISA expiring on 20-Mar... I am really worried.....
Hi.

I went to high commission to collection desk , and they are saying its with the postal department. I contacted the postal department and they are saying its not with them but its with the passport section.

No Clue as to what to do now.

vkjainuk

Post by vkjainuk » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:20 am

I am planning to go today evening to check with them the status. what time did you go there ???

rihan007
Newly Registered

Post by rihan007 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:23 am

vkjainuk wrote:I am planning to go today evening to check with them the status. what time did you go there ???
They start at 3.30 . You reach there by 3.30 ., and put your receipt in the counter number 3. and wait for you to be called. Please update here as to what happened. Good luck and i hope you get your passport.

Even if you reach early( like i did) they wil keep searching for your passport and if its in postal department, they wont find it and let you know after everyone else has gone that its in postal department. See if you can convince them to allow to go to postal department and collect it from there? as a last resort?.

vkjainuk

Post by vkjainuk » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:24 am

I am planning to go today evening to check with them the status. what time did you go there ??? which counter ??? (is it upstairs - Satish ??
rihan007 wrote:

Hi.

I went to high commission to collection desk , and they are saying its with the postal department. I contacted the postal department and they are saying its not with them but its with the passport section.

rihan007
Newly Registered

Post by rihan007 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:25 am

It is downstairs. security will guide you.

vkjainuk wrote:I am planning to go today evening to check with them the status. what time did you go there ??? which counter ??? (is it upstairs - Satish ??
rihan007 wrote:

Hi.

vkjainuk

Post by vkjainuk » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:38 am

What time ? is it 3:30 - 4:30 ???

rihan007
Newly Registered

Post by rihan007 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:39 am

vkjainuk wrote:What time ? is it 3:30 - 4:30 ???
yes

vkjainuk

Post by vkjainuk » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:26 pm

ok thanks for your help.. I will update the status after my visit today....

vkjainuk

Post by vkjainuk » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:54 pm

Just received email from embassy that passport are ready but will be send my post....

"We deal with a huge volume of applications. It takes some time to dispatch the passport and the postal team is working on it."

do you think they will give passport by hand ???

rihan007
Newly Registered

Post by rihan007 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:57 pm

vkjainuk wrote:Just received email from embassy that passport are ready but will be send my post....

"We deal with a huge volume of applications. It takes some time to dispatch the passport and the postal team is working on it."

do you think they will give passport by hand ???
If they still has it they will give, If they cant find it they will ask you to wait for post.

rihan007
Newly Registered

Post by rihan007 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:22 am

Hi vkjainuk

Any update?

vkjainuk

Post by vkjainuk » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:19 pm

Visited HCI on Thursday.. they said it is with postal department & should be delivered by next week.

But not yet posted as I tracked on royal mail :( :(

Not sure why they are taking so long for posting it....

rihan007
Newly Registered

Post by rihan007 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:46 am

Hi.

Is the address in the envelope same as it was in the application form? if not they wont post it and they wouldnt even tell you until you start pestering them.

The number for postal department is 02076323136. Call them , tell your situation and your royal mail tracking id and they will give you an update. They are humane and unlike other employees at high commission.

If you wait, i dont think your situation will change.

I made them run on their asses by emailing every one in the high commission telling about my plight, and they started chasing up for me. I was asked to come and collect it yesterday and i got it. They didnt post it because the address on the application form and the special delivery envelope was different. I used my work address . They never told me about it and always told that i will get it soon . I had to pester them to find out the truth.

I am so angry about the whole situation , confused as to why they make us go through this mental torture.

good luck

vkjainuk

Post by vkjainuk » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:02 am

Hi Rihan, thanks for updating.

Can u pls let me know on which email ids have you emailed them.
And from where did u collect ur passport.

I have put same address in form and envelope.

Do u think it will be worth going to enquiry counter on Monday.
And from where did u get postal dept no.

Thnx for help.

rihan007
Newly Registered

Post by rihan007 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:16 am

vkjainuk wrote:Hi Rihan, thanks for updating.

Can u pls let me know on which email ids have you emailed them.
And from where did u collect ur passport.

I have put same address in form and envelope.

Do u think it will be worth going to enquiry counter on Monday.
And from where did u get postal dept no.

Thnx for help.
hi ,

I collected passport from counter no 3. I emailed to all email ids in contact us page in high commission website. Even if you go there, they would only tell you that you will get in post. I think you can try going to counter 7 with your genuine reason and they might help.