ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 General Dependent Enquiry

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Krish19
Mood:
India

Tier1 General Dependent Enquiry

Post by Krish19 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:58 pm

Hi,
Soon im planning to apply for ILR because i finished 5 years, but my wife came to uk last year she cant apply for ilr with me. But we both have visa untill 2016 March. If i apply for ilr does my wife also need to apply for any visa or she can continue her visa and when she finished her 5 year stay in uk she can apply for ilr?

Can some one answer this question?

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Re: Tier1 General Dependent Enquiry

Post by haiksuresh » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:09 pm

She can continue with her existing dependent visa. There is no issues. recently one of my friend enquired UKBA, they confirmed that she can stay on tier 1 dependent visa.

Regards,
Suresh

Krish19
Mood:
India

Post by Krish19 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:20 pm

haiksuresh wrote:She can continue with her existing dependent visa. There is no issues. recently one of my friend enquired UKBA, they confirmed that she can stay on tier 1 dependent visa.

Regards,
Suresh

My wife has got her first tier 1 dependent visa in jan 2013only, Does she need to wait for 5 years for ilr or two years?

On ukba website they say like below:

"they’ve been living in the UK with you for at least 2 years if they applied before 9 July 2012 or 5 years if they applied on or after 9 July 2012"

Krish19
Mood:
India

Post by Krish19 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:30 pm

Krish19 wrote:
haiksuresh wrote:She can continue with her existing dependent visa. There is no issues. recently one of my friend enquired UKBA, they confirmed that she can stay on tier 1 dependent visa.

Regards,
Suresh

My wife has got her first tier 1 dependent visa in jan 2013only, Does she need to wait for 5 years for ilr or two years?

On ukba website they say like below:

"they’ve been living in the UK with you for at least 2 years if they applied before 9 July 2012 or 5 years if they applied on or after 9 July 2012"
We are planning for baby may be next year. By next year i have a ilr and my wife is on tier1 dependent. What is the status of new born bay? baby can apply for citizenship or ilr or what?

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:03 pm

you are correct. But as per my knowledge, If any one of the parent was in ILR and the child born in UK then they can directly apply british passport.

Krish19
Mood:
India

Post by Krish19 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:57 pm

haiksuresh wrote:you are correct. But as per my knowledge, If any one of the parent was in ILR and the child born in UK then they can directly apply british passport.
Thanks for quick reply.

madhudwh.s
Newly Registered

Post by madhudwh.s » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:03 pm

Hello Friends

Please help me.

My wife entered UK in Nov 2011,she got extended visa in 15-11-2012 along with me (for me 2nd extension) and she z having visa till nov 2014.

But I got ILr in Jul 2013 as I qualified after 2nd extension(completion of 5 years in jul2013),But i didn't drop ILR visa for her with me because she is not completed 2 yrs,so she is having visa till Nov 2014.

Is there any problem that she is in Tier1 dependent visa till Nov 2014?

because I didn't dropped any visa for her after I got ILR because already she is having visa till Nov 2014.

And now she completed 2yrs in Nov 2013, so can I drop ILR for her?

And what documents do I need to submit for her ILR ? and which form (SET(o)) i need to fill.She already passed Life in UK Test.

Can you please let me know regarding the same.

Am very much thankful to you.