ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 PBS Dependedant requirements inquiry

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kratho11
Newly Registered

Tier 2 PBS Dependedant requirements inquiry

Post by kratho11 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:09 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can shed some light here.
I am a indian citizen on Tier 2 visa. Now getting married in June 2014, after which i wish to bring my wife back to UK with me.

I am currently earning 23K as i recently got employed as a Graduate.

What are the current requirements for bringing my wife to UK as a Tier 2 dependant.
If there need to be some financial balance to be shown in bank account then whose account should it be and how much.

Any help would be greatly appreciated; if this has been answered somewhere else then please direct me so or if in wrong forum then please advice so.

Thanks.

North Pole

Re: Tier 2 PBS Dependedant requirements inquiry

Post by North Pole » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:20 pm

Hi

If you are already in UK and having a valid visa and it's just your wife only needs to apply means you must show £600 for 3 months for her. You can show either of your accounts,combined or solo.

If you both are going to apply same time then it's £1500 for same 3 months (900 for you 600 for your wife)

Hope this helps

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:33 pm

kratho11
Newly Registered

Post by kratho11 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:40 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I have another question. Is there a minimum salary requirements for myself in order to get the dependant visa for my wife.

Thanks.

North Pole

Post by North Pole » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:32 pm

There is nothing like that. As long as you have a valid tier 2 visa it shouldn't be a problem. However minimum salary req is applicable when you apply for an extension of your visa. As you know it differs for different professionals. All you need is good bank balance for dependant visa application. Or if your sponsor is willing to provide a letter stating that they certify your dependant maintenance.

Hope this helps