ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Approved 25-Feb-2014 Liverpool

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AANWAR

ILR Approved 25-Feb-2014 Liverpool

Post by AANWAR » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:08 pm

Dear All,

Thanks a lot for your help and contribution on this forum which has helped me complete this journey starting from my application for tier-1 general in 2008 till my ILR in 2014.

My details are as below;

Tier-1 General Visa Start date: 01-Feb-2009
First entry in the UK: 30-Apr-2009 (after 87 days)
Family Traveled to UK on tier1 dependent Visas: 26-Nov-2010
First Extension (applied in Jan 2012) Valid: From 01-May-2012 till 01-May-2014
ILR Approved: 25-Feb-2014

I have done permanent jobs for two different companies in the last 5 years and only started my own limited company in July-2013. Therefore my last 12 months earning from two different sources, one from permanent job and the other from my limited company.

I provided following documents to the case worker;

General Documents:
  • SET(O) form
    Self Assessment Points Calculator from UKBA website
    Passports of all applicants (new and old)
    BRP's of all applicants
    Photos
    Absence Letters from past Employers
Earnings and Finance
  • Last 13 Months Personal Bank Statements
    Payslips
    Letter from Accountant
    Management Accounts Report from Accountant
    Dividends
    4 Years P60s
    Last P45 when I left permanent job and started limited company
    Tax History Letter from HMRC
Relationship and Cohabitation
  • Birth Certificates of Children
    Marriage Certificate
    Letters on the name of my wife from 4-5 different sources on home address. For the last two years
    Letters on my name from different sources for the last tow years on the same address
LIUK and English
  • My expired IELTS test report that I used at the time of my first Tier-1 General visa and extension
    Wife's GESE Grade-5 Pass certificate from Trinity College London
    LIUK Pass certificates of both of us
Other Supporting Documents (they did not ask but I provided them)
  • Business Account Bank Statements
    Invoices
    Company and VAT Registration Certificates
Once again, thank you all for your contributions on this forum and If I can be of any help to you please feel free to PM me and I shall try my best to answer your questions.

marijuska
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Approved 25-Feb-2014 Liverpool

Post by marijuska » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:05 am

Hey, cograts on your ILR!
I am working through my Ltd for the past 3 years and have been travelling quite extensively. Have you traveled outside the UK while SE and if so, did you provide them with a letter stating what were the reasons for your travel? If yes, did you have to provide any evidence (what would be evidence for personal travel?!?!?!)

Thanks so much!

fn286

Post by fn286 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:59 am

hi there...

Congratulations on your success.

Please can you let me know if the CW asked any questions regarding 'corporation tax return' of your limited company? Or Self Assessment tax return (SATR)?

What exactly you mean by tax history ?

Thanks.

AANWAR

Post by AANWAR » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:26 am

marijuska wrote:Hey, cograts on your ILR!
I am working through my Ltd for the past 3 years and have been travelling quite extensively. Have you traveled outside the UK while SE and if so, did you provide them with a letter stating what were the reasons for your travel? If yes, did you have to provide any evidence (what would be evidence for personal travel?!?!?!)

Thanks so much!
Thanks marijuska!

I had only 60 days absence outside UK and all of them were when I was doing a permanent job and therefore got letters from previous employers. Letters stated that I was in a permanent job and on paid annual leave during those periods.

I think in your case you will need to write a personal letter detailing reasons of absences combined with official documents. Sorry I dont have experience of this and therefore cannot advise much but I am sure someone who has had such experience would share on this forum.
Thanks!

AANWAR

Post by AANWAR » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:24 am

fn286 wrote:hi there...

Please can you let me know if the CW asked any questions regarding 'corporation tax return' of your limited company? Or Self Assessment tax return (SATR)?

Thanks.
Thanks fn286! No the case worker did not ask about Corporation Tax or Self Assessment. I think this is because I have not yet completed a full tax year with my limited company. I was ready to answer the CW if they had asked, that since my tax year is not complete, I cannot provide any record of Corporation Tax or Self Assessment.

Regarding the Tax history, you can call HMRC and ask them to send you a history of tax that you have paid in the UK so far. This takes a good 2-3 weeks to come.

fn286

Post by fn286 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:36 am

AANWAR wrote:
fn286 wrote:hi there...

Thanks.
Thanks fn286! No the case worker did not ask about Corporation Tax or Self Assessment. I think this is because I have not yet completed a full tax year with my limited company. I was ready to answer the CW if they had asked, that since my tax year is not complete, I cannot provide any record of Corporation Tax or Self Assessment.

Regarding the Tax history, you can call HMRC and ask them to send you a history of tax that you have paid in the UK so far. This takes a good 2-3 weeks to come.
Thanks for your reply AANWAR..

You are right may be its your tax year, the CW was bot bothered about.

By tax history you mean employment history that states the employer name, earnings and taxes?

Thanks.

AANWAR

Post by AANWAR » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:28 pm

Yes it is employment history from HMRC which contains your previous employer/s, income and tax for each Tax year.

marijuska
Newly Registered

Post by marijuska » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:24 pm

Many thanks Aanwar, much appreciated.!