ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish citizen with Peruvian wife returning to Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kevin76
Newly Registered

Irish citizen with Peruvian wife returning to Ireland

Post by kevin76 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:02 am

Hi there,

I was on this forum before but my situation has changed and so I'd like to ask everybody's advice on this matter.
We are returning to Ireland in mid-August of this year. We are living in South Korea at the moment. We will be married 1 year at that stage, and will have lived together for 10 months in South Korea.
I have a few questions as to the type of documentation needed.
I know bank statements are required but my wife has 2 accounts. One personal savings and another she shares with her mother.
The one she shares with her mother is well financed (it is common in Peru for parents to set up a joint account for their children). Our savings will be lower than when we apply because i receive bonuses etc at the end of my contract so my account will not show a true accurate statement of our finances. So questions are: Will they accept a joint account statement like hers and her mothers?
Secondly, will they take into consideration my finances and the fact I will receive my bonuses after i finish my contract?

Next: When my wife travelled to South Korea she tried to go through the USA. They denied her visa application even though she was only using a visa as a transit visa. But in the US there is no transit visa. You have to apply for a full 90 day visa and she was refused because she didn't supply the correct information. In fact, the visa application process was appalling and the person interviewing her was worse (but that is another story). On the list of documents asked, they require if you have been denied a visa anywhere that you must state where you were denied and the reason why and include the original letter of refusal. My wife left- after waiting 4 hours to be interviewed and denied after only 3 questions and paying $160 or so for the privilege - in tears vowing never to go through something as degrading as that again, so she threw away the paper they gave her listing the reason why.
Will this raise concerns with the visa application process?

Finally: what is the amount of money deemed necessary to sustain us for a year in Ireland? I say a year because i intend on doing a Masters degree in Ireland. BTW, we will live with my parents for the year. Also can a supporting letter from my parents stating that we will live with them help matters? Basically, any little extra information that can help our application will be greatly appreciated. We have nothing to hide, but before we can book tickets home etc we need to get this application away pretty soon i.e. in the few weeks or so...

So any help would be great...

All the best.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Irish citizen with Peruvian wife returning to Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:30 am

Hi

I'm not sure about the requirements for the Irish spouse visa, but you might want to check out this document for further info: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Family%2 ... cument.pdf.

I know you want to do a Masters. If this complicates matters and the Irish spouse visa is hard to get you might want to consider the EEA route via the UK and then return to Ireland (Surinder Singh). Just a thought.

kevin76
Newly Registered

Post by kevin76 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:25 am

Thanks for the reply..It is something that we'll definitely consider!

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:44 am

There is an Irish lady called Elizabeth who is currently doing the Surinder Singh route via the UK. You might want to keep an eye out for her postings.

The Irish spouse visa isn't as easy as before.