ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cohab docs... Set M spouse visa ILR dates confusion

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Exquisit33

Cohab docs... Set M spouse visa ILR dates confusion

Post by Exquisit33 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:42 pm

I there I am in the process of putting together cohab docs as we are applying for my hubby's ILR set M spouse.. I am the British Citizen.

Now we have various letters/docs spread over the 2 year period.. However I am confused how they should be spread out. To my understanding we divide 24 months into 4 monthly period. So if he arrived in Feb 2012 does that mean the next doc has to be dated June 2012 then Oct 2012 Feb 2013 and so on (bang on the 4th month)??? Or 1 doc dated anytime between Feb 2012-May 2012 then a doc dated between June 2012-Sep 2012 and so on???

Lastly, are online phone bills accepted obviously it has name address and date. But it's in black and white.

Thanks for your help!
Allah is the greatest!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Cohab docs... Set M spouse visa ILR dates confusion

Post by Amber » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:59 am

Best to not use online statements if you can, yes every 4 months, a joint letter or letter each from a total of at least 3 different sources.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Exquisit33

Set M application form.. is this correct?

Post by Exquisit33 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:15 pm

We are attempting to fill in SET M application form to apply for my husband's ILR (Spouse).

I wanted to know any questions that do not apply to us shall we write N/A or put a line through?
Allah is the greatest!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:46 pm

Yes and do not create different threads for this same topic please.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:25 pm

I need help with some of the questions on the application form, I would appreciate if someone can please help me complete this. Many thanks in advance..

SECTION 1 APPLICANT DETAILS
1.10 Home Office reference if you have one?
I can't seem to locate this anywhere, I am clueless if my husband has one? Huh

On any letters, if non, just state NA.

1.12 BRP Reference Number?
Where can we find this? When my husband came to the UK from Pakistan his fingerprints were taken but he didn't receive any document.

NA.

SECTION 2B YOUR RELATIONSHIP TO YOUR PARTNER
2.1 When did you first meet your partner?
We put 2008 when he came to the UK on a visit visa on initial spouse visa application/entry clearance application, but it was refused on the grounds that our marriage was not genuine. However it was overturned on review where we did highlight that I had visited Pakistan in 1997 and knew my husband from then. Now what date shall I put on the SET M? The initial date we put on spouse visa form (2008) or 1997 where I met my spouse on family occasions?

2.2 When did your relationship begin?
It began when we got married in 2010 so shall I put that date down?

Yes

2.5 How long have you been living in a relationship?
Does my wedding date go here? I stayed about a month after getting married in Pakistan with my husband and then returned to the UK.

Yes.

2.6 When did you begin living together?
Shall I put the date after my husband received his spouse visa and came to the UK as a spouse?

Yes.

LIVING ARRANGEMENTS
2.13 Have you lived with your partner permanently in the UK since being granted temporary leave as a partner? Yes or No..If no, Why?
I don't understand what to write here as my husband came here on spouse visa (27 months)

Yes.

2.15 Were you married or in a civil partnership when you were last granted leave in this category? Yes or No?
What is granted leave??? Does this apply to us?

Yes. It means when he was granted spouse leave to enter, were you married?

SECTION 3-CHILDREN UNDER 18
3.1 Do you and your partner have any children together?
Yes we have a baby 8 months together.. He is UK born so is already a British Citizen.. Do I include him here?

Yes you do, but only Qs 3.1-3.4 and include details of the child in 3.9 and that he's British.

SECTION 6- BIOMETRIC RESIDENCE PERMITS
Have you been issued with a Biometric Residence Permit with a previous application for leave?
Again the only thing is fingerprints taken at entry clearance.. what do we say yes or no to this question?

No.

7. Have you had your fingerprints taken as part of a previous UK immigration application made in the UK or abroad?
Yes or No?Huh What shall we put? It then asks for details of where these were taken etc

Yes and the location where they were taken I.e. British High Commission.
Allah is the greatest!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:32 am

I accidentally answered your post by editing it instead of quoting it, but it's done nonetheless.

msvayani

Post by msvayani » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:42 am

Hi Amber

Thanks for your reply. I its been really helpful for me as we as I was filing SET (M) as well. There are few more question on form. I have completed those but need an expert feed back. I will appreciate if you reply for follow as well:

2.10 How often do you see your partner?
2.11 When did you last see your partner?
Ans: We live together.

2.12 Are you and your partner related outside of your relationship?
What do it mean? We are not cousins and I didn't know my wife before. It was arranged marriage. I have put NO.

2.27 Do you or your partner have any shared financial responsibilities?
We don't have mortgage or any other financial liability on joint name. I only have few credit card bills on my name. I have put NO.

3.1 Do you and your partner have any children together? I have ticked on Yes as we have 2 boys and their applications are with Home Office for registration under section 3 (1).

3.2 to 3.4 - its No

Now again on 3.6 its ask "Do you and/or your partner have any children??? Do I need to fill this or should I fill 3.9 (as you advised previously)? Is it not those who has got children from previous marriages???

Your help is much appreciated

Regards
MSV

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:11 am

msvayani wrote:Hi Amber

Thanks for your reply. I its been really helpful for me as we as I was filing SET (M) as well. There are few more question on form. I have completed those but need an expert feed back. I will appreciate if you reply for follow as well:

2.10 How often do you see your partner?
2.11 When did you last see your partner?
Ans: We live together.

Everyday/daily.

2.12 Are you and your partner related outside of your relationship?
What do it mean? We are not cousins and I didn't know my wife before. It was arranged marriage. I have put NO.

No.

2.27 Do you or your partner have any shared financial responsibilities?
We don't have mortgage or any other financial liability on joint name. I only have few credit card bills on my name. I have put NO.

No.

3.1 Do you and your partner have any children together? I have ticked on Yes as we have 2 boys and their applications are with Home Office for registration under section 3 (1).

3.2 to 3.4 - its No

Now again on 3.6 its ask "Do you and/or your partner have any children??? Do I need to fill this or should I fill 3.9 (as you advised previously)? Is it not those who has got children from previous marriages???

Complete 3.1-3.4 and put child's details in 3.9 explaining s(he) is being registered as British under section 1(3).
Your help is much appreciated

Regards
MSV

msvayani

Post by msvayani » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:46 am

Thanks Amber for your reply.

for 2.27 about shared financial responsibilities, I have changed my answer to yes as we do have joint name tenancy agreement and council tax bill. Is this alright??

Regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:32 pm

Yes.