ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IMMIGRATION QUESTIONS!

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rachtate
Newly Registered

IMMIGRATION QUESTIONS!

Post by rachtate » Fri May 25, 2007 11:12 am

Hi all,

Im an English film industry professional working in London, looking to make the move to Canada and although there are some helpful websites I still have a few questions I really cant find the answer to (apologies for the wordiness but its hard to abbreviate):

1) I have enough points to gain a skilled workers permit, as does my boyfriend, but we want to apply together. How do we do this? Do we wait untill we technically become common-law partners (12 months of living together)? Even then, what do we do?

2) If only my name is on our lease, how can I prove my boyfriend has been living with me for 12 months? Do I need several forms of proof?

3) The application form asks for 'unencumbered' funds available... does this mean you cannot include monies available to withdraw on a credit card? How much money is the magic figure they are looking for?

I think they are the main 3 for now. If there are any lovely people out there who have been through this or happen to study the legislation (!?), Ill buy you a beer if you help me with all this crap!

Cheers

Rachael.

Richter

Post by Richter » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:10 am

The answers to your common-law questions should be here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/sponsor/familymembers.html

With regards to unencumbered funds - it is my understanding that these are funds that you own outright and are not subject to any loan or ongoing credit arrangement, ie positive equity on property and savings. Money available on a credit card would not, I believe, qualify.

Deatils of minimum funds required are here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/qual-4.html

I'm no expert but I hope this is of some help.

lmc1978
Newly Registered

Canada relocation, does it takes that long?

Post by lmc1978 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:53 pm

I want to relocate in Toronto, or surrounding areas.

I am 29 years old, I speak 4 languages and I have a doctorate degree in International commerce.

I have been reading about different options about work permits and the skilled worker programme would take about 4 or 5 years.

Could you tell me if there is any other chance of going there without waiting so long?

I am living in the UK at the moment, I am italian.

I would like to go to Canada at the latest May 2008.

jes2jes

Re: Canada relocation, does it takes that long?

Post by jes2jes » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:10 pm

lmc1978 wrote:I want to relocate in Toronto, or surrounding areas.

I am 29 years old, I speak 4 languages and I have a doctorate degree in International commerce.

I have been reading about different options about work permits and the skilled worker programme would take about 4 or 5 years.

Could you tell me if there is any other chance of going there without waiting so long?

I am living in the UK at the moment, I am italian.

I would like to go to Canada at the latest May 2008.
Go to canada as a visitor and look for a job there. When the you find a job you can apply for skilled worker (with AEO) which currently says it takes 6 months to review but can be longer or apply for a work permit for the same job and later to the SW application. Sorry there is no short cut.

Check if Italian's qualify for WHV (working Holiday Visa) to Canada.
Praise The Lord!!!!