ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 - Asked for passport back, pls advise

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

drcalm
Newly Registered

EEA2 - Asked for passport back, pls advise

Post by drcalm » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:56 pm

Hi,
I submitted my application on 17/2 and asked for both my wife and myself passports back on the 18/2, as we need it to travel.
My wife is Italian citizen and I'm not EEA.

I got the passports today (letter dated to the 25/2) with the following letter:
Dear Mr X

Your passport is being returned to enable you to travel.

Family members of an EEA national, who are not themselves EEA nationals, wishing to return to the United Kingdom should apply for an EEA family permit at a British diplomatic post abroad before returning to this country. An EEA family permit is issued free of charge and on a priority basis.

It should be noted that any such application would need to be supported by evidence to show that the EEA national is in the United Kingdom, is exercising Treaty rights, and that the relationship is as claimed.

Please do not return your Passport to the Home Office until it has been requested by a caseworker.
a. Does it mean I can freely travel now? (I have a BRP card, so I think I wouldn't have difficult getting on board abroad)
b. Does it mean my application is on hold or they keep working on it?
c. Any other implications?

Thanks a lot guys!