ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation for Spouse- lost marriage ceritificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Anvi3
Newly Registered

Naturalisation for Spouse- lost marriage ceritificate

Post by Anvi3 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:42 pm

Hi ,
My wife got ILR in feb 2009 and I got citizenship in 2010.
Currently my wife is planning to apply for naturalization. Unfortunately we lost the marriage certificate (registered in India in 2006). So could you kindly help me on the following , please.
1.Can my wife apply for naturalization as spouse of British Citizen? If so can we just use her passport which has spouse name mentioned , as we lost the original marriage certificate?

2.If we cannot use my wife's passport ( which contains my name as Husband) , can she independently apply under the section
'NOT spouse of a British Citizen' as she is in UK since Sep2008 and covers the 5 years stay in UK rule?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Kind regards,
S

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation for Spouse- lost marriage ceritificate

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:57 pm

You have to submit a passport with the naturalisation application, whichever way you apply and it needs to be the current one.

If she applies on the basis of 5 years residence, she won't need the marriage certificate as it will be based on her residence as long as she has not exceeded the absence limits, has done LIUK and passed English Level B1 test.

You can add any additional information if you want to on the relevant page of the form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:50 pm

A SA request to the UKVI should provide you with a copy of the marriage certificate. However, as CR001 states a section 6(1) application shouldn't require a marriage certificate.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Anvi3
Newly Registered

Post by Anvi3 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:59 pm

Hi CR001, Amber_
Many thanks for the information. I’ve also wrote to Home office and it looks like this is dependent on the case worker .
As my wife is eligible to apply under 5 year rule, I’d rather prefer this than running around for Lost marriage certificate.
Once again thanks

Anvi3
Newly Registered

Post by Anvi3 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:36 am

hi,
As mentioned I'm planning to apply for naturalization for my spouse under '5 year' category although I'm British Citizen, as I couldn't find the marriage certificate.
However in the application, should we enter the spouse/partner details in the 'Details of your partner' section in page 6 or leave it blank?
Just wondering if I need to provide marriage certificate , in case If I fill that. Kindly clarify.

Thanks
Siva