ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant status when Tier 1 Migrant applies for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

d_bend
Newly Registered

Dependant status when Tier 1 Migrant applies for ILR

Post by d_bend » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:07 pm

As a primary tier -1 General visa holder, my visa extension is valid till December 2016 and so is my wife's dependant visa. I'll be completing my 5 years of residency in the UK as Tier -1 General Migrant by October 2014 and will be eligible for ILR (Settlement). My wife was granted her Tier -1 dependant visa only in November 2013 and as per the immigration rules she will have to complete 5 years before she is eligible for ILR.

Can someone please suggest - Is it legal for my wife to remain on her Tier-1 General dependant visa (valid till December 2016) even after I'm granted my ILR? Or does she have to apply for ILR dependant's visa, along with my ILR application?

dk2011

Re: Dependant status when Tier 1 Migrant applies for ILR

Post by dk2011 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:50 pm

She can be on PBS dependent VISA until she qualifies for ILR.

d_bend
Newly Registered

Re: Dependant status when Tier 1 Migrant applies for ILR

Post by d_bend » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:14 pm

Awesome! Cheers.