ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer Confirmation Letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

annb1
Newly Registered

Employer Confirmation Letter

Post by annb1 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:11 pm

I have completed 5 years in U last week and in preparation of applying for ILR from Tier2 ICT. I only have a bonafide letter from my employer which do not confim the SOC code applicable though it clearly mentions my role as stated in SOC 2010 UKBA list. Also, at the end its mentioned - issued for purpose of Bank loan.

I am struggling to get the letter as mentioned in the format I found on the immigration board/ or as stated in the SET O form. Not sure, if this letter is acceptable.

Any help on this will be great.

dk2011

Re: Employer Confirmation Letter

Post by dk2011 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:48 pm

It should have SOC code on it . Also , it should mention you are required for the job in foreseeable future.

Apam

Post by Apam » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:56 pm

Assume they have forgotten the SOC , you tell them 1234 etc.
This issue has arisen a few times on this forum with tier 2 ICT. Let's hope they give you the letter as per ukba format.
Not sure why they decided to add for bank loan. Let them know its for ILR.
Wish you the best of luck.

annb1
Newly Registered

Post by annb1 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:03 pm

dk2011 wrote:It should have SOC code on it . Also , it should mention you are required for the job in foreseeable future.
It mention I am required for next 12 months but no soc code. I have not mentioned them that I need the letter for ilr as they will not provide any letter and might have some other consequences.

Not sure how to proceed with this :-(

Apam

Post by Apam » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:15 pm

Does your company support ILR applications?
If NO? did you know about this? Was it said as part of your contract?
Have they categorically told you they wouldn't support your application for ilr?
Is this the reason why they won't mention SOC?

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:22 pm

[quote="annb1"][quote="dk2011"]It should have SOC code on it . Also , it should mention you are required for the job in foreseeable future.[/quote]
It mention I am required for next 12 months but no soc code. I have not mentioned them that I need the letter for ilr as they will not provide any letter and might have some other consequences.

Not sure how to proceed with this :-([/quote]

There is no point in hiding with your employer. HO can verify details with your company . You need to take them into confidence .