ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

divorce: time & costs

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iamcompletelymad

divorce: time & costs

Post by iamcompletelymad » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:30 pm

Hi I am on the verge of getting a divorce.. I would just like to know how much it costs and the time it might take if both sides agree..? Is there any way of avoiding the costs?

Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: divorce: time & costs

Post by Wanderer » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:39 pm

iamcompletelymad wrote:Hi I am on the verge of getting a divorce.. I would just like to know how much it costs and the time it might take if both sides agree..? Is there any way of avoiding the costs?

Thanks
Think mine was about £350 for the Court fees etc, and a lot of time filling in forms, no solicitor. Took about 3/4 months to sort I think from memory.

You can't avoid the Court fee I don't think.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:13 pm

The court fee is £410 but this now includes the application for a decree absolute. The fee is unavoidable unless you are on certain benefits or on a low income.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

iamcompletelymad

Post by iamcompletelymad » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:20 pm

Casa wrote:The court fee is £410 but this now includes the application for a decree absolute. The fee is unavoidable unless you are on certain benefits or on a low income.
Thank you casa..