ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need to call dependent parents from India permanently

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mehul sheth
Newly Registered

Need to call dependent parents from India permanently

Post by mehul sheth » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:57 pm

Hi,

I am UK citizen living with my wife and daughter. We came to UK in 2005 on HSMP visa and we all acquired UK citizenship in 2012. My parents are currently living in India. My father is 66 years old and my mother is 59 years old. My brother lives in USA. There is nobody in India who can take care of my parents. They are financially dependent on me. I send them money from UK for their living expenses every month. My parents both do not work there no source of income for them in India. They have a house in India in which they are currently living. I want to call them to UK on permanent basis. How should I apply for their visa and what is the chance they will get the visa. please advise.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: Need to call dependent parents from India permanently

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:02 pm

Impossible .the first requirement is that parent should be single divorced or widow so other things u can imagine
ss

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:07 pm

Not correct. However do they both meet the following requirements?
You must be dependent on a parent, grandchild, brother, sister, son or daughter of someone living permanently in the UK.
You must prove that:
you need long-term care to do everyday personal and household tasks
the care you need is not available or affordable in the country you live in
the person you’ll be joining in the UK will be able to support, accommodate and care for you without claiming public funds for at least 5 years
you’re 18 or over

Being financially dependent isn't sufficient under the tougher rules introduced last year.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:14 pm

mehul sheth wrote:Hi,

I am UK citizen living with my wife and daughter. We came to UK in 2005 on HSMP visa and we all acquired UK citizenship in 2012. My parents are currently living in India. My father is 66 years old and my mother is 59 years old. My brother lives in USA. There is nobody in India who can take care of my parents. They are financially dependent on me. I send them money from UK for their living expenses every month. My parents both do not work there no source of income for them in India. They have a house in India in which they are currently living. I want to call them to UK on permanent basis. How should I apply for their visa and what is the chance they will get the visa. please advise.
Apply for Elderly Dependent Visas, £1906 each, almost 100% chance of refusal.

Solutions?

1. Relocate to India
2. Relocate them to USA where chain migration is possible.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....