ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR, FLR, spousal + dependent visa, cohabitation proof.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cerjones
Newly Registered

ILR, FLR, spousal + dependent visa, cohabitation proof.

Post by cerjones » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:17 am

Hi,

My wife and stepson are here on spousal & dependent child visa and I'm getting ready for application for ILR. Visas were granted feb 2012 so we are under old rules.

I'm a bit worried about my cohabitation proof. I have the following...

NHS tax credit medical exemption certificate, joint letter, individual cards.
Dentist appointment, wife and one for my stepson.
A load of stuff from my sons school but usually to Mr & Mrs Jones.
Some customs labels from items shipped to my wife b her family.
NHS medical card for my wife.
An old prescription for my wife.
NHS smear test letter for wife.
Letter from doctors surgery.
Some Tax credit letters, in joint names.

I have tons of stuff in just my name, all utility bills, bank statements, insurance, etc..

What about stuff in my stepsons name? we have some stuff for him from his school?

Thing is they thin out a bit the further back we go since I didn't realize until a few months ago that I'd need this stuff available for the ILR.

Would it help if i got a letter from the school detailing the time my stepson has been attending?

Would I be better applying for FLR instead? Can I even do that or do I have to do ILR? If I applied for FLR would I still be held to the old financial requirements or would i have to meet the new ones? I mean either now or when I eventual apply for ILR again. I wouldn't meet the new financial requirements, I'd have to increase my income by about 50%.

What happens if ILR is refused because of cohabitation proof, can I appeal? Will they just issue FLR instead? Or can I then apply for FLR? We were apart for 18 months last time and I dont know if we can take that again, and my stepson is settled and very happy at his new school, it would be awful for him.

Many thanks,

Chris Jones