ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT ILR (90 days). URGENT

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

harish.sun
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT ILR (90 days). URGENT

Post by harish.sun » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:17 pm

Hello Friends

Please clarify my Question related to my ILR application. Please if the Gurus/Senior Member can review and respond, it will be very helpful and appreciated.

I am applying ILR through Tier 2 ICT eligibility.

Tier 2 ICT Visa stamped : 15-May-2009
Entered UK on : 24-July-2009 (Entered within 90 days of entry clearance).

My question is can I calculate the continous period from the date of entry clearance i.e 15-May-2009(visa stamped date).

Please confirm my eligibility keeping in view of the below facts for Tier 2 ICT category.

Because I was on Tier2 ICT visa I was working for the same employer in India till 23-July-2009 and from 24-July-2009 I got into UK payroll with the same employer,
Its the same employment but transferred to UK.

Clause from UKBA
===================
The period between entry clearance being issued and the applicant entering the UK may be
counted toward the qualifying period, as long as it does not exceed 90 days. This can occur
if the applicant is delayed travelling to the UK. Provided the period of delay does not exceed
90 days, it will not be counted as an absence.

If the absences are in connection with other employment outside the UK, which
demonstrates the UK employment is secondary, these are not permitted absences, and the
continuous period requirement is considered broken.

vishpb35

Re: Tier 2 ICT ILR (90 days). URGENT

Post by vishpb35 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:12 pm

harish.sun wrote: My question is can I calculate the continous period from the date of entry clearance i.e 15-May-2009(visa stamped date).

Sadly "NO", as your are having employer sponsored visa. Tier 2 ICT. It should be 28 days (minus 5 years) before you actually entered UK

vishpb35

Re: Tier 2 ICT ILR (90 days). URGENT

Post by vishpb35 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:18 am

My question is can I calculate the continous period from the date of entry clearance i.e 15-May-2009(visa stamped date).
***Correction, I did not realised that your delayed entry was less than 90 days.. You may be eligible to apply as per 15-May-2009 visa stamping date.

Please Refer Page 22 from this link
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... eriods.pdf