ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 extension documents

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ashu.doc
- thin ice -

Tier 2 extension documents

Post by ashu.doc » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:47 pm

Hello everyone
I have applied for Tier 2 general visa extension twice before while staying in UK staying with same employer, once in 2012 and again in 2013. Each time I had this confusion of documents to provide for myself and my wife. So everytime we had sent extra documents.
Could someone please clarify this: (I have COS for this new job which is a new employer, and I am applying from inside Uk)
1. Do I need to send two address prooves for me and my wife (PBS dependant) separately?
2. Do I need to send bank statements for evidence of finance for me and my wife separately, even when I am currently of Tier 2 general visa?
3. I was going to send : Passport x2 , BRP x2, Driving license, council tax bill (which contains names of both of us), Marriage certificate, Name change certificate for my wife. Is this enough or any more evidences required?

PLease please someone who really have clear ideas, do reply, I will very grateful.
Thanks
Ash

vivekr11
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 extension documents

Post by vivekr11 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:22 am

hi,

If you are using online application at the end it clearly says what you need to provide for you and for your dependents separately...
all passports
2- address proofs for your dependents
1-2 proofs on your relation
1 proof for maintenance etc..

Thanks
Vivek

ashu.doc
- thin ice -

Post by ashu.doc » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:00 pm

Hi Vivek
you may be right but its too late, I have submitted visa application for me and my wife with only passports, BRP, Marriage certificate, name change certificate, council tax bill and my driving license. I don't know what will happen, but in the application guidance there is nothing so called address proof, and I dont have to send maintenance as my COS covers the salary. Fingers crossed now.
Thanks

ashu.doc
- thin ice -

Post by ashu.doc » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:50 pm

Hi
I am confirming here the docs which I sent for me and my wife as in-country applicant and I have received tier 2 general visa in 20 days:
for main applicant - passport, BRP, driving license [this was probably unnecessary]
for dependant - passport, BRP, marriage certificate, council tax bill [this was probably unnecessary], name change certificate, high school certificate for date of birth
So it is for sure that there is no need for something called ''address proof''.
thanks