ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can photographer and videographer

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shalz
Newly Registered

Can photographer and videographer

Post by Shalz » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:29 pm

Hi I just want to ask that I've been doing photography and videography in uk for a long time after psw I want to apply entrepreneur visa can somebody guide me how can I fall in this category I have 50k available in uk account thnx

almagirl
Newly Registered

Re: Can photographer and videographer

Post by almagirl » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:45 am

Hi to apply for a post study work visa with the post study route, you should hold a role that is Level 4 or above in the SOC guidance in your company. A photographer or videographer(SOC number 3417) is only level 3 as per the guidelines . So using this role will not be valid for this visa. However you could either choose to tune your business plan to the following professions which are considered Level 6:
Film editor
Production assistant(broadcasting)
Studio manager
Television producer
Theatrical agent

I would advice you to read https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... orkers.pdf and in particular 78 as I think it is relevant to the information you require for choosing a role in Photography and Videography

cpmlkhan
Member of Standing

Re: Can photographer and videographer

Post by cpmlkhan » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:48 pm

Shalz wrote:Hi I just want to ask that I've been doing photography and videography in uk for a long time after psw I want to apply entrepreneur visa can somebody guide me how can I fall in this category I have 50k available in uk account thnx

Hello Shalz,

You are in a same boot as one of my client was in. So my advise to you is that change your business plan because your profession comes under level 3 Business & if you want you can continue this as a side business after getting your visa because there are no restrictions under this visa if you want to do more than one business. pm me if you want more info.