ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help RE: English Language/Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Montanaaa
Newly Registered

Urgent Help RE: English Language/Application

Post by Montanaaa » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:12 pm

Right, let me get straight into this, today has been a very stressful day, i was all but set to send of my application, then i learnt about the new B1 English language requirement. I am going to book my test for the 13th of March, it apparently takes 14 days for the certificate to arrive. I need to ask a few questions, because im just lost at the moment.

1: I have a english GCSE and currently in university, english is my first language. Also passed the life in the uk test. Would you advise me to enrol onto a short course for the B1 Test or do you think it is pretty straight forward?

2. If as planned i receive my B1 certificate on 27-29 march and i can get my application sent off by NCS before the 6th of april, will i beat the new prices introduced? Or will it depend on when the application reaches the home office?

3. How long does it take for the money to be taken out of my account from when i send of my application via NCS?

Thats all i can think of right now, if you have advice, please can you share it, i really want to get it done before the 6th of april, do you think its possible?

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: Urgent Help RE: English Language/Application

Post by SSWSZ » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:57 am

Montanaaa wrote:Right, let me get straight into this, today has been a very stressful day, i was all but set to send of my application, then i learnt about the new B1 English language requirement. I am going to book my test for the 13th of March, it apparently takes 14 days for the certificate to arrive. I need to ask a few questions, because im just lost at the moment.

1: I have a english GCSE and currently in university, english is my first language. Also passed the life in the uk test. Would you advise me to enrol onto a short course for the B1 Test or do you think it is pretty straight forward?

I have no idea about gcse but there is English exam GESE level 5 only 10 min exam trinity college same day result.i myself did PET exams result came after 1 month but the imp thing is when u sit for exam on that day at the end thay will give to some unique number and you will get online result after two weeks .what they told me that even with this paper you can submit case as home office just use name and dob to access result online as per new rule.

2. If as planned i receive my B1 certificate on 27-29 march and i can get my application sent off by NCS before the 6th of april, will i beat the new prices introduced? Or will it depend on when the application reaches the home office?

Itit depends on when you send the application not the ho receive app.

3. How long does it take for the money to be taken out of my account from when i send of my application via NCS?

usually within 2 days .ho is very efficient in taking money

Thats all i can think of right now, if you have advice, please can you share it, i really want to get it done before the 6th of april, do you think its possible?
Just sit for the exams and send the reference number and also write in other information that you will send the original certificate when you receive itv.altough you attach the receipt that you sit the exam.and by the time your case is with case worker I am sure you have your original certificate at that time.
ss