ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependent switching to Primary

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RealDream
Newly Registered

Tier 2 dependent switching to Primary

Post by RealDream » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:14 pm

Hello,

I needed some help to evaluate my possibilities. The details of my VISA status is as follows:

VISA - Tier 2 ICT
Valid from - 1st Nov 2011 to 1st Nov 2014
My wife is currently as my dependent.

My questions are as below:
1) I understand that I cannot migrate between companies within UK However, can I go back to my home country and try to change my VISA for another sponsor who is ready to employ me with Tier2 general before Nov 2014? Or do I have a cooling period of 1 year as well?
2) Is it possible for my wife to apply either for a Tier 2 general or Tier 2 ICT Visa before NOV 2014? Or is she also binded by any cooling period? I assume if she can get a Tier 2 general sponsorship then I can become her dependent and enter UK with her.

Thanks a lot in advance.
rgds,
RealDream

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 dependent switching to Primary

Post by manci » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:37 am

RealDream wrote:Hello,

I needed some help to evaluate my possibilities. The details of my VISA status is as follows:

VISA - Tier 2 ICT
Valid from - 1st Nov 2011 to 1st Nov 2014
My wife is currently as my dependent.

My questions are as below:
1) I understand that I cannot migrate between companies within UK However, can I go back to my home country and try to change my VISA for another sponsor who is ready to employ me with Tier2 general before Nov 2014? Or do I have a cooling period of 1 year as well?
you would have to apply for T2G entry clearance from your home country with a restricted CoS but, unfortunately, you cannot do so until after the passing of the 12 month cooling-off period which is counted from the time you leave the UK (not from the date of expiry of your current leave).

2) Is it possible for my wife to apply either for a Tier 2 general or Tier 2 ICT Visa before NOV 2014? Or is she also binded by any cooling period? I assume if she can get a Tier 2 general sponsorship then I can become her dependent and enter UK with her.
She can apply for T2 entry clearance from her home country with a restricted CoS any time (no cooling-off and no need to wait until the end of her current leave) and if her application is successful you can switch in-country to become her dependant. Note that to apply for T2 ICT entry clearance in the long or short term staff sub-categories it is a requirement to have worked for the sponsor organisation for at least 12 months beforehand. There is no such restriction for T2G.

Thanks a lot in advance.
rgds,
RealDream

abchauh
Newly Registered

Post by abchauh » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:15 pm

Hi,

Why don't you just move from ICT to a company which can sponsor you for another 3 yrs on Tier 2 general visa.
In that case, you don't have to get back to your home country and you wife can stay on dependent.

If you need any help with getting a sponsor, let me know. I can help.

A

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:33 am

abchauh wrote:Why don't you just move from ICT to a company which can sponsor you for another 3 yrs on Tier 2 general visa.
the OP cannot switch in-country