ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) or EEA family permit. Cinfused

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fpoptani
Newly Registered

FLR(M) or EEA family permit. Cinfused

Post by fpoptani » Mon May 28, 2007 12:37 am

I have tried looking for my specifc query but to no avail so pls help.
I came to the UK on a student visa with my wife as my student dependant.
I later got a work permit and again my wife became my dependant.
I applieied for British nationality and and am now a british citizen and so are my 2 children having been born in the UK.
My wife is still has a WP dependant visa.
I am confused as to should i apply for the spouse visa or EEA permit.whta are the pro's and cons of each

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: FLR(M) or EEA family permit. Cinfused

Post by Wanderer » Mon May 28, 2007 12:52 am

fpoptani wrote:I have tried looking for my specifc query but to no avail so pls help.
I came to the UK on a student visa with my wife as my student dependant.
I later got a work permit and again my wife became my dependant.
I applieied for British nationality and and am now a british citizen and so are my 2 children having been born in the UK.
My wife is still has a WP dependant visa.
I am confused as to should i apply for the spouse visa or EEA permit.whta are the pro's and cons of each
You cannot apply for EEA permit since you are seemingly not exercising treaty rights by living/working/studying in another EU state other that which u r a citizen of.

So u can only use UK immigration route unless u move to another EU state.

fpoptani
Newly Registered

Post by fpoptani » Mon May 28, 2007 9:59 am

Thanks for that. I appreciate it.
Some more questins.
My wifes WP dependant visa does not expire till 2010, so does she need to change her visa again to spouse visa?

Can she carry on with her WP dependan visa till OCT 2007 when it will be two years since she arrived in the UK as my dependant (wife), then can she apply for SET M for ILR straight.i.e by pass the FLR M?

If yes is FLR M the only route?
Are there any cheaper alternative route?

To be able to apply for ILR using SET M you need to have been in the UK for 2 years as a spouse of a British Citizen.Does it mean those 2 years you have to have a spouse visa FLR M OR you can have any visa as long as you are the spouse?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon May 28, 2007 10:35 am

fpoptani, can you explain about your wife's current visa? What exactly has she got at the moment? Also, when did she move to the UK? How long ago?

Also, when you got your ILR, what route did you use? 10 years? Or WP?
John

fpoptani
Newly Registered

Post by fpoptani » Mon May 28, 2007 11:04 am

Ok Here Goes
I came to the UK OCT 2005 with Kenyan passport on student VISA. My wife followed Nov 2005 with Tanzania Passport on Nov 2005.

During 1 year of my post grad studies applied for British overseas citizens passport and got it.

After 1 year finished my studies got a job applied for work permit.WP -granted. Applied for FLR IED.They refused to give me on my British overseas paaport but gave it to me on my kenya passpot. My wife was included in the FLR IED application as my dependant she was also granted.

Shortly after that i applied for registration as British citizen under section 4B. This was granted and now i have a full British Passpot. My wife though still on the FLR IED dependant visa which is valid till 2010