ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS- Recongnise degree but not giving english points

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khan06
Newly Registered

PBS- Recongnise degree but not giving english points

Post by khan06 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:39 am

Hi
I have to make application for BC of my wife.

She did masters from Pakistan.

Now when i use PBS calculator to check her qualification, the calculator is giving me points for her qualification but NOT showing any pints for English. I thought if qualification is in their system you will get english points automatically.

Please someone advise!!!

Can i send her docs to UK Naric and can get English assessment letter based on the fact that PBS does reognise her MSc equivalent to UK qualifications? or
Does she need to attend english langauge course? as last resort?

mustafa.hamdani

Re: PBS- Recongnise degree but not giving english points

Post by mustafa.hamdani » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:57 am

@khan06 in this case you can't use PBS document and I think it doesn't award English points for most of the Pakistani universities.

I have read somewhere on the forum that NARIC doesn't give the English assessment letter for Masters degree, and if they could then it would have been on PBS calculator anyways.

I'd recommend the IELTS or any other English certification. I think she only needs band 4.0 or more in IELTS and will costs you around £125. Will be almost one day hassle going through 4 tests and then it's done and you'll be assured that the document you are submitting will work 100%.