ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dependent status....need help please

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

omar1978

dependent status....need help please

Post by omar1978 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:05 pm

hi
i have a question about dependent. I would like to apply for the tier 1 now but for some urgent reason my wife(in uk dependent visa) don't want to apply now as she wants to travel back to her country. she wants to travel after i apply for extension because her running visa expiring after 25 days. she would like to apply for a new entry dependent visa from outside uk later.

my question is when i will apply for the extension, my wife will be legal in this country? her flight will be after two weeks of my application but is having a dependent visa more than 25 days.

thanking you

omar

vinny

Re: dependent status....need help please

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:14 pm

I think she should apply for a PBS dependant extension with, or after you, before she travels, while her leave is valid. If she applies for entry clearance, then her qualifying period for ILR may be reset.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.