ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and Possible Gap

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shoji147

ILR and Possible Gap

Post by shoji147 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:00 am

hi guys

i have applied for ilr 10 years recently
I have a slight confusion regarding a gap

in dec 2008 i applied for my student extension and as i was moving to a new property i provided my contact address to ukba for correspondence as i will be in the new place .

they deducted fees from my card in the later few days of applying and i was confident that they recieved my application and it was under consideration however i did not recieve acknowlegement letter but i wasnt worried as the deduction of fees meant that they recieved it n i thought it might b a postal delay but after three weeks i contacted them and they told me they sent my documents back as the form was not complete but they sent to old address instead of new one so i told them that i have moved address and had already mentioned it in the form so the guy on the fone said that they recieved the docs back from rotal mail as no one obviously accepted them .

they sent them bk to my new correct address an i resent compmeting the form as soon as possible.

my question is would they class is as unlawful or not as i supplied them the address but they sent to wrong address.?? please let me know guys

thanks in advance
sujji

RANA-ALI

Re: ILR and Possible Gap

Post by RANA-ALI » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:13 am

Hi there, hope u get ur ILR soon.
Did u send a cover letter with ur Set LR explaining this ?
Ideally you should have apply for SAR well before applying ilr,which could have give u clear insight of what your file shows on HO data base ,
I hope case worker would gatther all this information as it was completely HO fault ,
Best wishes

shoji147

Post by shoji147 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:10 am

thanks bro

yes i did explain it in a covering letter aswell hopefully they will consider it ..

thanks for ur reply

shoji147

Post by shoji147 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:40 pm

any mods please any advice on this matter guys please