ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank letter format

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nothappywithukba
Newly Registered

Bank letter format

Post by nothappywithukba » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:03 am

Hi All,

I am in a bit of a fix about bank letter template.

I was refused based on the fact that the bank did not specify that the fund is transferable to the UK in the letter I used in submitting. But then, it is a current account in my name and am the sole signatory to the account.

I want to resubmit another application now since an appeal may not work out due to the Rodriquez case overturn. Can anybody please give me the wordings of the bank letter they have used in their application and which was successful so I can get my bank to write the same. The money is in my bank overseas.

Help would be most appreciated all.

Ola

Ash009
Newly Registered

Re: Bank letter format

Post by Ash009 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:35 pm

@nothappywithukba

the following thread might help you, it also refers to Annex E of the policy guidance for further info.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 11427.html

Has your current visa expired - do you have the right to file a fresh application?

nothappywithukba
Newly Registered

Post by nothappywithukba » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:04 pm

Thanks for the response.

I am well aware of annexe e of the policy guidance and the thread you mentioned. I have appeal right after my application was refused but choosing to reapply since justification for winning an appeal has been repealed thru the rodriguez case overturn. I am still within legal stay.

What i need is just for successful applicant to provide an assistance of the bank letter format which they have personally used in their successful application with all their personal details struck out.

Thanks

Ash009 wrote:@nothappywithukba

the following thread might help you, it also refers to Annex E of the policy guidance for further info.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 11427.html

Has your current visa expired - do you have the right to file a fresh application?

toghraee
Iran

Post by toghraee » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:01 pm

How did you submitted the bank letter finally ?

Newly Registered

Post by 82517 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:02 pm

Hi
I'm applying from Pakistan (T1 ent Team) with bank account maintained in Standard Chartered Bank (Pakistan) Ltd.
The HO guidelines states:

Each letter must also confirm each of the following details:
1 the account number;
2 that the institution is regulated by the appropriate body;
3 your name, and your team member’s name if you have formed a entrepreneurial team;
4 the date of the document;
5 the amount of money available from your own funds (if applicable) that are held in that institution
6 that if the money is not in an institution regulated by the FCA/PRA, the money can be transferred into the UK.

The bank only provides its own template letter which does not include point 3 (team member's name) and point 6. I agree with bank that how can they write some one's name on my letter with whom I am planning to make an entrepreneur team if HO approves our visa. Which means it is something may happen in future and bank has no relation with it. Secondly, bank is happy to write that my account is not under any Lien which means it is my free fund but they do not write "can be transferred into the UK". It is logical that i have money in my account for many months (even year) and when I need to transfer I will get PKR converted to GBP through money exchange and then transfer. BUT HOW TO EXPLAIN TO HO?

Can anyone please share an example of their successful bank letter? or how you managed to get written all requirements from bank?

Any and every reply will be highly appreciated.

toghraee
Iran

Post by toghraee » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:22 pm

Hi 8257

I have the same problem with bank to mention that the funds are transferable to UK.
I heard that if bank mentions that funds are disposable at any time upon request of account holder , will be enough.

tomorrow will try in Standard Chartered Dubai to see if they can make such statement.

attahaas
India

Post by attahaas » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:04 am

@82517

I am in the process of applying from India with a team member. Regarding the bank letter, this is what we are doing.

We are opening 2 joint accounts, one with primary account holder as me and the other with primary as my team member. This way we both have individual control over our respective monies. We will submit 2 bank letters to show the total of 200K. BOTH bank letters will have both of our names because of joint accounts (you can hold amount in any number of accounts). So, this part of the problem is solved.

Regarding money transferable to UK, the bank agreed to write it on one condition by stating like this "can be transferred to UK as per the RBI guidelines". (RBI is the central financial regulatory body in India.) I believe that is fair because that's the only legal way any bank can provide such a statement.

I am yet to apply for the visa, but should be done so soon. Will update later.
Last edited by attahaas on Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
•12-Feb-2015: Applied online (Team), 200K, India
•13-Feb-2015: Submitted documents and biometrics
•25-Feb-2015: Received email saying that they need more time
•03-Mar-2015: Interviewed separately
•05-Mar-2105: Received docs and passport with visa stamped!

Newly Registered

Post by 82517 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:23 am

Hi Attahaas

Thanks for your reply. It looks quite reasonable and sensible way to satisfy both Bank and HO.

I don't understand why you opened two joint account? Couldn't you achieve by opening single joint account?

Do you already have a joint business etc to prove why you have joint accounts?

Do you keep equal money I.e. £100k in each account? Or team members can have different amount share?

Is it possible that only one team member has all 200k in his account?

Regards

attahaas
India

Post by attahaas » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:11 pm

82517 wrote:Hi Attahaas

Thanks for your reply. It looks quite reasonable and sensible way to satisfy both Bank and HO.

I don't understand why you opened two joint account? Couldn't you achieve by opening single joint account?

Do you already have a joint business etc to prove why you have joint accounts?

Do you keep equal money I.e. £100k in each account? Or team members can have different amount share?

Is it possible that only one team member has all 200k in his account?

Regards
Two joint accounts: eliminates mental tension that may arise due to trust issues - because huge monies involved (unless the team member is a family member or your best friend whom you trust with your life ;) ). Yes, you could open single joint account. I was trying for that, but didn't workout. So, two joint accounts with each other's money safe by having signature authority only to the main account holder. The bank letter still has to show both names, because it's a joint account. We will get two bank letters for each application.

No, we don't have a joint business, we are just friends introduced by a common friend half a year ago. "Joint account" shows that the money is accessible to both team members at least on the bank letter.

In our case, we are not keeping equal amounts. Yes, it is OK to have different amounts. All you both need to show is that you have access to 200K.

Yes, it is possible to have all 200K in only one team members account. But then, you need to find a way to show that the other team member ALSO has access to the same 200K. You may have to provide a support letter similar to a third party letter. But, let's say only one team member is bringing in all the money, then I would suggest to open a joint account and have signature authority only with the primary account holder.

Newly Registered

Post by 82517 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:08 pm

Hi Attahaas
Thanks for detailed explanation, you are right two joint accounts give piece of mind. Unfortunately, we have not made joint accounts since beginning. I am worried if we open new joint account just few days before application may impact negative?

Is there anyone with a successful experience where both team members' names are not written on both letters but they managed to satisfy HO with some other documents? Please help!!

I made a telephonic call to HO paid office but they proved useless. Advisor said we can't comment on legal issues but she added "I fully agree with you that bank can not write other person's name on your letter". They do not feedback to policy makers to correct their mistakes.

attahaas
India

Post by attahaas » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:02 am

@ 82517

We have opened joint accounts just this week! If you see on the forum, most applicants are opening new accounts before they apply because their original banks are not providing the letter format. So, I don't think that's a big issue, and there is no requirement for the age of account itself as long as you can show the source of funds. In my case, I am providing previous 3 months statements for my half of the investment from my old bank and the letter from the new bank. Source of funds is very important here for new accounts.

Do you have any problem with adding the team member as a joint account holder in the existing account? Because having both names on the same account will literally eliminate a lot of rejection chance based on funds. If both names are not on the same account, you need to provide more documentation and the more docs you put there the more risk you have. Never be in a defensive position at the interview.

You know, coming to think of it, the entire documentation should be prepared in such a way that the visa office shouldn't have a need to call for an interview, hypothetically speaking.

Newly Registered

Post by 82517 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:47 am

Hi Attahaas
Very helpful as before, thanks a lot.
We don't have any problem in opening a joint account because other partner is family member. Knowing that age of account doesn't matter, we are planning to open a joint account.
Can you please tell if it should be a Current Account or could be a Savings Account? I have been through guidelines but couldn't find any recommendations or requirement of any specific account type for funding. Of course, our personal preference will be a savings account.

Many thanks

attahaas
India

Post by attahaas » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:05 am

Glad to be of help!

We opened savings accounts, why lose interest. ;) I always prefer savings account.

faizblue1
Newly Registered

Post by faizblue1 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:05 am

attahaas wrote:@82517

I am in the process of applying from India with a team member. Regarding the bank letter, this is what we are doing.

We are opening 2 joint accounts, one with primary account holder as me and the other with primary as my team member. This way we both have individual control over our respective monies. We will submit 2 bank letters to show the total of 200K. BOTH bank letters will have both of our names because of joint accounts (you can hold amount in any number of accounts). So, this part of the problem is solved.

Regarding money transferable to UK, the bank agreed to write it on one condition by stating like this "can be transferred to UK as per the RBI guidelines". (RBI is the central financial regulatory body in India.) I believe that is fair because that's the only legal way any bank can provide such a statement.

I am yet to apply for the visa, but should be done so soon. Will update later.
could someone please show me the bank letter sample " money can be disposable/transferable to Uk' as i am going to apply for tier 1 Entrepreneur from india. and could you suggest me any consultant for TIer 1 Entrepreneur visa in india.
thanks

attahaas
India

Post by attahaas » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:01 pm

faizblue1 wrote: could someone please show me the bank letter sample " money can be disposable/transferable to Uk' as i am going to apply for tier 1 Entrepreneur from india. and could you suggest me any consultant for TIer 1 Entrepreneur visa in india.
thanks
Sent you email.

faizblue1
Newly Registered

Post by faizblue1 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:32 pm

attahaas wrote:
faizblue1 wrote: could someone please show me the bank letter sample " money can be disposable/transferable to Uk' as i am going to apply for tier 1 Entrepreneur from india. and could you suggest me any consultant for TIer 1 Entrepreneur visa in india.
thanks
Sent you email.
dear
could you please resend me email on faizblue1@hotmail.com because i haven't received yet.
thanks