ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

sending convention travel document with passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jasper_X
Newly Registered

sending convention travel document with passport application

Post by Jasper_X » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:37 pm

I'm naturalised as a british citizen and I'm applying for my first adult british passport soon.
in the application form they are asking details of any old "passport" which should be sent with the application.
I have a convention travel document.
should I send it? I ask because it's a travel document,and technically not a "passport".
anyone knows?

joy2006

Re: sending convention travel document with passport applica

Post by joy2006 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:58 am

Hi mate, in your case because the travel document is your current document you would use if you were planning to travel, I suggest you use that on the form. Remember a travel document allows you to travel to all countries except in country of origin in most cases so it's like a passport.

joy2006

Re: sending convention travel document with passport applica

Post by joy2006 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:01 am

And remember the form is asking for your current passport and not old passport. In your case your current passport is the travel document. Hope this helps and good luck.