ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

non eea British citizenship??

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gagsgahra
- thin ice -

non eea British citizenship??

Post by gagsgahra » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:10 pm

Is it true if eea national becomes British citizen then non eea family member with 5 year residence card eligible for British citizenship when he finishes his period .,he does not need to apply for eea4..he can straight apply for British nationality??

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: non eea British citizenship??

Post by askmeplz82 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:35 pm

you can skip that one year wait period on the PR status only under
the following condition:

On the day you get your automatic PR status and your wife has already got her British citizenship and also kept her original EEA citizenship (this is very important) and you are still living together as partners (Man & Wife), then you can skip that one year in PR status and apply for the British Citizenship
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

maxmelion

Post by maxmelion » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:51 pm

Do u think BC is enough evidence for proving automaticly PR after beeing 6 year excersie treaty right for ROR

askmeplz82 wrote:you can skip that one year wait period on the PR status only under
the following condition:

On the day you get your automatic PR status and your wife has already got her British citizenship and also kept her original EEA citizenship (this is very important) and you are still living together as partners (Man & Wife), then you can skip that one year in PR status and apply for the British Citizenship

ANGELA LIMA

Post by ANGELA LIMA » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:13 am

Hi

Must the non EEA acquire residence first or the EEA acquire BC first?

Thanks

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:45 am

ANGELA LIMA wrote:Hi

Thanks
If they are not a British citizen then you will need to wait an extra year after they acquire PR.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:47 am

askmeplz82 wrote: you are still living together as partners (Man & Wife)
I would love to see the part of British law that uses 'man & wife' now, or any time since civil partnerships became legal.

majamcr

Post by majamcr » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:37 pm

ANGELA LIMA wrote:Hi

Thanks
If you obtained your 5 year residence card before July 2012, then you will profit from transitional arrangements for the family members of dual EEA/British nationals and the residence status of the non-EEA national will not be endangered if their partner obtains British (while keeping the original EEA) nationality before the non-EEA national secures PR status.

ANGELA LIMA

Post by ANGELA LIMA » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:25 pm

Hi,

I've obtained my 5 years in 2010.So, do you have the legislation that I can use next year to help me to save one year to apply for my British Passport. My husband is obtaining his BP this year (2014).

Thanks

majamcr

Post by majamcr » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:40 pm

See https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-c ... sh-citizen
There is no condition to be free from immigration time restrictions for at least 12 months (like for those whose are not British spouses), which means that you can apply as soon as you obtain your PR status.